Kid friendly Mardi Gras parades

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    The metairie parades are kid friendly. I usually take my daughter on the beginning of the route on Houma blvd near vets. Starts early and leave early. She’s too young to stay up late.

Though you want to stay away from NO, the day time parades are pretty safe around the warehouse district. The place to avoid would probably be canal street and st Charles betweeen lees circle and the Popeyes. Further down st Charles where it’s uptown is family friendly, and st Charles near poydras is also safe. My dad had a restaurant near there and went most of my life by one shell square with zero issues

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Family gras is fun.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

NOLASHOOTER

Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 9, 2010
    New Orleans
    Uptown from St. Charles and Napoleon back towards Magazine is fine. I have watched parades around there from the time when my kids were babies and have never had a problem. In the 25 years I have lived in Uptown New Orleans I have only gone downtown once and it was because an out of town visitor insisted and I will never go again. Downtown is where people who are from out of town go thinking that anything goes and act like a-holes. When I have guests come in for the first time they are surprised at how friendly and fun it can be and not x rated. If you really feel it is unsafe you can stick to the day parades but it is fun to see all the lights in the night parades.

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    we stopped going to the parades a few years back -- it seems the Mardi Gras mentality just went down the tubes.

we do enjoy the Irish-Italian parade thru Metairie. this year it will be march 24th -- kids like getting the potatoes, cabbage, onions, carrots, garlic, moon-pies, ramen noodles, etc.....even catch a bar or two of Irish Spring soap! hahaha

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    usually I would have said to go park at Clearview mall and watch the beginning of the parade. Not any more.... they reversed the route this year so the parades start on Bonnabel. Clearview is at the end. We have met up with friends at Theo's Pizza on vets (its ok if you like thin crust :( ) and watched the parade from in front of Theo's. We usually do that for Little Rascals... That would now be a the very beginning of the route.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    usually I would have said to go park at Clearview mall and watch the beginning of the parade. Not any more.... they reversed the route this year so the parades start on Bonnabel. Clearview is at the end. We have met up with friends at Theo's Pizza on vets (its ok if you like thin crust :( ) and watched the parade from in front of Theo's. We usually do that for Little Rascals... That would now be a the very beginning of the route.

Not true. Little Rascal’s will be rolling the same direction it has always rolled.

https://www.mardigrasneworleans.com/parades/krewe-of-little-rascals

The website I have posted the link to will show you all of the Metairie parades and the direction that they will be rolling this year.

tun_o_matic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2013
    Walker, LA

Argus is following the old route. Some parades are changing, but not Argus on Mardi Gras day. It is up to the Krewes which route they take. We always go to Bonnabel.

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    Are you just looking specifically for Mardi Gras day, or willing to do a day-trip on a weekend prior? Our parades in Slidell are always a friendly atmosphere, just about anywhere on the route. To avoid the thickest and rowdiest crowds, stay away from Southside Café on Pontchartrain Dr. (great restaurant but just a crowded area for parades), the area of Walgreen's and Burger King near Front and Gause, and in front of the CVS and Daiquiri & Co. on Gause Blvd. Ours roll from the South end of town up US 11/Pontchartrain Dr./Front St. to and along US 190/Gause Blvd. towards I-10. The total run time is usually 3-3.5 hours on the route. On 2/17, we have two krewes back-to-back.

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    The Sunday and now Saturday (more recent additions) day parades in Slidell are kid safe. We even take my daughter who is 8 this year to the night parades, no issues. Plenty of families out, kids everywhere.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nexus2024
    Top Bottom