Join BayouShooter For Free
Brass

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 78
    -Administrator-
    Make your own luck

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lesgeaux View Post
    How many concealed handgun class instructors are in this thread? Seems to me all the bashing of this guy started because he makes a little money by teaching one thing or another that has to do with firearms. Or maybe I have missed the whole point.
    Most concealed handgun instructors aren't the greatest and just teach what is required by the great state of LA (which is minimal, at best).

I personally don't have a problem with Massad, though I wouldn't pay to take one of his classes. For $400, I could take a force on force class or more advanced tactics training which would be much more beneficial to me than what Massad offers. That's just me. If you're interested in taking the class, take it, you'll likely learn something. If you don't want to take it, don't. If you're on the fence of whether to take it or not, weigh out your options and determine if a class at getting better skills is more important than better knowledge on things to do/say.
    -- Austin

"There is no "i" in team but there is in win. "
    --Michael Jordan

Failing to plan is planning to fail.

LEO

User Info Menu

The Force Recon guy might not, but someone else might have plenty to learn from the Motor T guy. Maybe his convoys were hit numerous times on multiple deployments, and he learned a lot under fire, hell, he might have proven himself well enough to be placed in charge of all the security and counter-ambush tactics for all of his company's movements and depots. The point of my post was just that if I was the Force Recon guy, even if I was confident I knew more, I wouldn't go telling everyone the Motor T guy knew nothing.

ESSAYONS

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kraut View Post
    The Force Recon guy might not, but someone else might have plenty to learn from the Motor T guy. Maybe his convoys were hit numerous times on multiple deployments, and he learned a lot under fire, hell, he might have proven himself well enough to be placed in charge of all the security and counter-ambush tactics for all of his company's movements and depots. The point of my post was just that if I was the Force Recon guy, even if I was confident I knew more, I wouldn't go telling everyone the Motor T guy knew nothing.
    But you would be justified in telling everyone the Motor T guy was a Motor T guy so someone else would have all the knowledge he could in order to make a well informed decision. And maybe your Motor T guys were different then ours but ours reluctantly left the wire only on vehicle recoveries and the occasional company wide village knock and searches. So there may be various levels of experience amung Motor T people. And if a Motor T guy has a good amount of tactical knowledge, I'm sure his supporters would be able to provide it.