Homeowner INS and brick mailbox question

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    I think you’re safe but if you enter said federal property (your mailbox) you are probably breaking some law(s). The law of physics for starters.:mamoru:

Yeah,I wouldn't lean over and introduce my ''Glock'' into the actual mailbox,I mean that would be like having sex with a love doll or something along those lines

It just ain't right!

Vigilante Sniper

Guns are my crack!!
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    LaPlace
    Back in 1986 our neighborhood was experiencing vandalism of our mail boxes. My solution was to put a small mail box inside a larger mail box and fill the void with concrete. It was mounted on a 4x4 post as required and could break away if hit by a car. One night 3 teens were riding in the neighborhood with their bat hitting mail boxes. When the boy hit mine the bat came back and broke his arm. They were caught and the teen was a prominent rich guys son. When he was called he said it couldn't be his son who did this, that was until he got a call saying his son was at the hospital with a broken arm. The guy said he'd pay for the damage, but there was none. We still talk about that night sometimes.

5star

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    West baton rouge
    Back in 1986 our neighborhood was experiencing vandalism of our mail boxes. My solution was to put a small mail box inside a larger mail box and fill the void with concrete. It was mounted on a 4x4 post as required and could break away if hit by a car. One night 3 teens were riding in the neighborhood with their bat hitting mail boxes. When the boy hit mine the bat came back and broke his arm. They were caught and the teen was a prominent rich guys son. When he was called he said it couldn't be his son who did this, that was until he got a call saying his son was at the hospital with a broken arm. The guy said he'd pay for the damage, but there was none. We still talk about that night sometimes.
    Same thing in my neighborhood in the 90’s! There was an old man that was a bit of an a-hole in the neighborhood. Kids used to always ride by his house in the back of a truck and wack his mailbox off the post with a baseball bat. He finally had enough and filled the mailbox completely with concrete. The next time they tried, the kid actually fell out of the truck when he hit the mailbrick. Messed him up good.

Trailboss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Norwood LA
    Coming back to college after a morning turkey hunt, I hit a patch of black ice in a shadowed curve and took out a farmer's mailbox. Told the owner I'd be back after classes to re-install it, and did so. Really glad it wasn't mounted on a steel pipe or filled with concrete. If it had put me in the hospital or totaled my car, I couldn't have returned to replace the mailbox.

I sympathize with battered mailbox owners, but try to anticipate the unintended consequences of installing immovable objects on public rights-of-way.

Top Bottom