Kel-Tec PF-9 Anybody owned one?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Impulse buy a few days ago. Saw them on PSA for 149.99 so I figured I’d go for it.
    Has anyone here had any experience with them? I’ve always been happy with the Kel-Tec stuff, but $150? Hoping for the best. Looks like they’ve already sold out.

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    I had a couple back in the day. The ones I had worked real well. At that time the small 9mm handgun selection was kind of small. Now with Glock 43, Shields and others there are far better choices out there but they are still not bad little guns, usually.

Big H

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 3, 2010
    Lake Charles, La. 70607
    I have two---one truck gun---one rear pocket carry in pocket holster---I bought them as a pair new---
    never any problems---mine stay clean and well oiled---they are 4 to 5 yrs old.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Sounds good so far. I didn’t figure I was going wrong at that price.

I see gun prime has them for a little more but no free shipping.

Blue Diamond

sportsman
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2014
    Metairie, La.
    Impulse buy a few days ago. Saw them on PSA for 149.99 so I figured I’d go for it.
    Has anyone here had any experience with them? I’ve always been happy with the Kel-Tec stuff, but $150? Hoping for the best. Looks like they’ve already sold out.

Had the P-11. Worked very well but the recoil spring and trigger were quite stifff. Always ate any 9mm ammo fed to it with no flaws. Accuracy was good at closer ranges.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I had two of them. When I started carrying, It was the easiest 9mm to carry. But recoil was a beast, and with SD ammo, it was even worse. But it worked every time I pulled the trigger, Sold one for a Kahr cm9, which I didn't like the long trigger pull of. So sold that and bought a shield when it came out. Liked that gun so much, I sold my other pf9 for another shield. I much prefer the M&P Shield over the pf9 and CM9.

Bonephish

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 11, 2016
    Slidell, LA

For $150 shipped you can't go wrong. But don't compare quality with a Taurus Millenium G2 or a S&W Shield.

bearfutedninja

coming soon
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    lafayette
    It's the only kt that I have never had a problem with. I had 2 when they first came out. Then switched over to the g42. I would pick up one for a toolbox gun or hiddden truck gun.

Top Bottom