What Would You Do?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    No two people are the same and that includes cops . I have had good and bad experiences with cops and guns over the years . One instance was in the early '80s , I was driving through Mansfield La . on my way south going hog hunting .I was waiting for a light to change when the state trooper beside me noticed I had amber glasses on . I explained that it was foggy and Amber glasses cut the glare ." Any guns in the vehicle " yes sir " where " 1911 in the console and two 44 mag in the trunk . 5 minutes later I was in the back of the police car and my guns confiscated . Probable cause , wearing sun glasses after dark , he took me to the sheriff's office to be held until my guns checked out . Four hours later a nice deputy took me back to my vehicle an politely said , He is on 171 North so if I was you I would continue south . The deputy said let me make this as clear as possible " The sheriff's department was in no way involved your being detained or harassed for having multiple handguns . I knew by the troopers attitude from the start he was a jerk but had I told him I didn't have a gun and he decided to look for drugs and found them it would have been worse . The fact I was honest and didn't have an attitude just because of the jerk cop I met a real nice deputy and we enjoyed exchanging hunting stories . I also learned all black cops were not racist or have a chip on their shoulder .( The jerk was white the pro second was black ). If you are required by law to advise Leo you have a gun you probably should , most Leos are pro gun and if you happen to be blessed with being stopped by one who isn't chances are he / she will find out and then you will wish you had .

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

Guys your age are pretty radical,Why didn't you go north on 171 and continue to wear the amber glasses and flip the state boy off? The story would have been much better!

lol.....

ozarkpugs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2018
    US Zanoni mo
    Lol ,I just read my comment and thought I need to clear something up . When I said if he looked for drugs and found them I meant Guns not drugs . There were no drugs involved.
    No two people are the same and that includes cops . I have had good and bad experiences with cops and guns over the years . One instance was in the early '80s , I was driving through Mansfield La . on my way south going hog hunting .I was waiting for a light to change when the state trooper beside me noticed I had amber glasses on . I explained that it was foggy and Amber glasses cut the glare ." Any guns in the vehicle " yes sir " where " 1911 in the console and two 44 mag in the trunk . 5 minutes later I was in the back of the police car and my guns confiscated . Probable cause , wearing sun glasses after dark , he took me to the sheriff's office to be held until my guns checked out . Four hours later a nice deputy took me back to my vehicle an politely said , He is on 171 North so if I was you I would continue south . The deputy said let me make this as clear as possible " The sheriff's department was in no way involved your being detained or harassed for having multiple handguns . I knew by the troopers attitude from the start he was a jerk but had I told him I didn't have a gun and he decided to look for drugs and found them it would have been worse . The fact I was honest and didn't have an attitude just because of the jerk cop I met a real nice deputy and we enjoyed exchanging hunting stories . I also learned all black cops were not racist or have a chip on their shoulder .( The jerk was white the pro second was black ). If you are required by law to advise Leo you have a gun you probably should , most Leos are pro gun and if you happen to be blessed with being stopped by one who isn't chances are he / she will find out and then you will wish you had .

ozarkpugs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2018
    US Zanoni mo
    Guys your age are pretty radical,Why didn't you go north on 171 and continue to wear the amber glasses and flip the state boy off? The story would have been much better!

lol.....
    Even back then when I was in my 20s I was a little smarter than that . I still wear amber colored glasses but now the are prescription . Never been stopped for wearing them since .

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    greywolf15
    Top Bottom