Join BayouShooter For Free
Pelican

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst ... 234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 84
  1. #21
    La. CHP Instructor #409

    Premium Member

    User Info Menu

    I prefer a different approach to the Driver/Vehicle.

  2. #22
    Marksman

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    I prefer a different approach to the Driver/Vehicle.
    Yep itís all preference. One thing is certain, if you poll 100 officers from major departments and ask them if they want the guy facing them while they hold hands I would bet 100% would say hell no.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Censored by "them"

  3. #23
    Free Candy!

    Gold Member

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by thperez1972 View Post
    Translated into copspeak, that card says "my window is broken and will not roll down so please open it with your baton."
    You owe me a keyboard. Needed that today


    كـافر

  4. #24
    Marksman

    User Info Menu

    I carried a gun in the vehicle for years before I decided to pursue the concealed carry thing, and I drive a lot for work sometimes exceeding posted limits a little. The times I was stopped were all prior to going to concealed and were simple and uneventful. I never put my weapon in a place I would need to reach in a traffic stop, and I would never just sit a gun on my seat and drive down the road for so many reason. At that point I had no obligation to notify and I never gave them a reason to ask. I typically kept a gun in the driver door pocket so if I had been asked to exit the vehicle I would have felt the need to notify.

  5. #25
    Marksman

    User Info Menu

    Why are we so awkward about guns? Obviously you can kill someone with a gun but as a people even the *gun community* we act like they are taboo or naughty. I often think many who like guns would be less interested if there was no stigma that goes with them.

    I know now there are a few degrees of separation from the original topic but I think this a major factor as to why this topic exists. When I put my pants on every morning and clip om my holster to my belt, I know that it’s a gun but it affects my demeanor no different than my knife or keys. Obviously I have to actively treat it differently in certain environments, but it’s just an inanimate object why the awkwardness?

  6. #26
    Seriously Misunderstood!

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Bangswitch View Post
    Why are we so awkward about guns? Obviously you can kill someone with a gun but as a people even the *gun community* we act like they are taboo or naughty. I often think many who like guns would be less interested if there was no stigma that goes with them.

    I know now there are a few degrees of separation from the original topic but I think this a major factor as to why this topic exists. When I put my pants on every morning and clip om my holster to my belt, I know that it’s a gun but it affects my demeanor no different than my knife or keys. Obviously I have to actively treat it differently in certain environments, but it’s just an inanimate object why the awkwardness?
    This^ is NOT by accident.

    Those people in the "Anti" gun crowd are actively trying to intimidate those folks that are ambivalent about private gun ownership through media sensationalism and misinformation. It is hard for me to give most so-called journalists credit for being smart enough to actually gather factual information, but in this case they don't even try. Their handlers do not want to bore potentially interested people with factual details about gun related incidents. Mischaracterizing the weapon, or overstating how they perform, is almost always the rule when it comes to portraying guns.

    Unfortunately, many gun people are falling for it too.

    As for the OP's inquiry; how about being polite and nice when interacting with a cop to start with? A nice demeanor is always more settling and assuring than having a scowl on your face because you feel you're being wronged. I drive everyday, all the time, all over the place. I haven't been pulled over by LE in at least 8 years; and the last time I was, I was speeding. And rightfully got a ticket for it. But the interaction and the gun handling went smoothly. Now, he did drop my brand new Sig mag on the concrete and scratched it, but what can you do?
    Remember; The 2nd Amendment Protects the 1st!
    Lyndon Johnson (Democrat & Father of US Welfare System) we'll give them stuff........."and have them ni&&ers voting democratic for the next 200 years!"
    "I'm a self reliant, self supported American trapped in a "Free Shit" society!"
    Be Warned! Amazon.com is Skynet!
    PLEASE STOP USING GOOGLE!
    I don't believe in a supreme deity; but have to believe Trump's win was Divine Intervention!

  7. #27
    Marksman

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Emperor View Post
    Now, he did drop my brand new Sig mag on the concrete and scratched it, but what can you do?
    Demand a discount!!

    Oh wait nevermind.

  8. #28
    Marksman

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by lesgeaux View Post
    They do not have to explain about anything they may have in the car as an extension of their home.

    Classic!

  9. #29
    Marksman

    User Info Menu

    I simply hand the officer my Drivers License, and my CHP together. Never a problem.

  10. #30
    -Administrator-
    Make your own luck

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Emperor View Post
    This^ is NOT by accident.

    Those people in the "Anti" gun crowd are actively trying to intimidate those folks that are ambivalent about private gun ownership through media sensationalism and misinformation. It is hard for me to give most so-called journalists credit for being smart enough to actually gather factual information, but in this case they don't even try. Their handlers do not want to bore potentially interested people with factual details about gun related incidents. Mischaracterizing the weapon, or overstating how they perform, is almost always the rule when it comes to portraying guns.

    Unfortunately, many gun people are falling for it too.

    As for the OP's inquiry; how about being polite and nice when interacting with a cop to start with? A nice demeanor is always more settling and assuring than having a scowl on your face because you feel you're being wronged. I drive everyday, all the time, all over the place. I haven't been pulled over by LE in at least 8 years; and the last time I was, I was speeding. And rightfully got a ticket for it. But the interaction and the gun handling went smoothly. Now, he did drop my brand new Sig mag on the concrete and scratched it, but what can you do?
    True story there. An acquaintance of mine was with me recently and was telling me how she has never seen a gun in person besides one on a police officer's belt and asked if people in LA/TX really have guns as commonly as the media says. I was like oh, absolutely, it's an entirely different culture down here and people grow up with them. She then went on to tell me how she would be scared to even be in a room with a gun for blah blah blah reasons because guns are tools of death and blah blah blah.

    I get that everyone is raised differently and in different cultures, but I think the media really has done a terrible disservice to making guns look evil.

    As for the OPs question: I'm relatively younger than most here and occasionally push the limits of traffic laws (as many young people do). I don't do anything excessive, but I'll absolutely drive 7-9 MPH over the speed limit when it is safe. I have been pulled over a few times and I treat the cops like a decent human who is doing his job. As I see the lights, I grab my wallet, pull out my license and weapon permit, and have my hands visible on my steering wheel before they even get out of their car.

    To this day, I've never been given a ticket and the cops always thank me for being decent to them and understanding that they're doing their job. If I get a ticket, I earned it and accept it. But smiling, being pleasant, and showing that you are a decent person goes a long way in almost every situation in life. Oh, and every single cop has said something along the lines of "you don't grab your gun, and I won't grab mine." It always seems to work out where they smile, laugh, and don't taze me.
    -- Austin

    "There is no "i" in team but there is in win. "
    --Michael Jordan


    Failing to plan is planning to fail.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •