Join BayouShooter For Free
Cajun Ammo

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 56
    Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thperez1972 View Post
    As with a physical DL, you need the physical passport. You didn't find a loophole in the question. You only exchanged one physical item for another physical item. So are you able to, for free, present a valid physical form of ID if you leave your physical form of ID at home?
    You know ever so often I leave my electronic cowbell/tracking device at home and somehow I get a sense of freedom? Or is it just me?
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Using this thinking, if I carry a copy of the 2nd amendment with me I don't need a CHP? Just pay $5?

Marksman

User Info Menu

Itís pretty simple. If you want to have your DL on phone, buy the app. If you want to get a ticket for having a picture of it in your phone then go ahead or just carry your physical DL. Really no gray area,conspiracy, or black helicopter sightings to talk about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Censored by "them"

On Target

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
    The law was quoted earlier and is quite clear. If you have a concealed carry permit, and are involved in an official police investigation, you are REQUIRED to inform the officer of your permit, and surrender the gun if he asks for it.
    Those of you who say "I have a permit, but if the gun is not on my person, I don't have to inform him" are splitting hairs.
    You were fingerprinted with AFIS (Automated Fingerprint Identification System). Practically every jurisdiction in the nation has AFIS.
    So, when the LEO ran your license plate, he was automatically informed the person registered to that plate has a CCP.
    He KNOWS walking up to your car that you--the driver, it is assumed--have a permit, and it follows there is a gun in the car.
    If you want to play Larry Lawyer, and not tell him you have a permit and a gun somewhere in the car, feel free to go ahead and do so. Then when he has to ASK you if there is a gun in the car, you may well get a ticket that would not have occurred if you had been respectful, polite, and up front about everything.
    The proper way to handle a traffic stop, as has been pointed out several times here, is to have both hands on the wheel in plain view, and hand the officer your drivers license and your concealed carry permit card at the same time. He will tell you how to handle it.
    IF you do NOT have a permit, and you do have a gun in the car, you are not required to tell the officer/deputy of the presence of the gun, but it is a good idea.
    Most of them are good guys, approve of CCP, and do not get upset when they hear a citizen has a gun in the car. It is all about attitude and respect.
    And that instructor that told his students NOT to inform the officer they had a gun in the car does not know the law he is teaching. He is an idiot, and should have his credentials jerked by the LSP.
    I am a straight shooter, and typically do not split hairs, but to suggest someone have their credentials revoked based on your interpretation of a law is not stand up at all. The law clearly states; "A permittee armed with a handgun in accordance with this Section shall notify any police officer who approaches the permittee in an official manner or with an identified official purpose that he has a weapon on his person, submit to a pat down, and allow the officer to temporarily disarm him.

I went ahead and put the important parts in bold for you. (A). In your car in the glove box is not exercising a privilege in accordance with this section. It is a constitutional right, and the fact that you have a concealed carry permit does not change that. (B). In your glove box/center console, under the dash holster etc. Does not constitute on ones person, which is the basis of acting in accordance with this section.

When I teach classes. I tell my participants, it is best practice to hand off your CHP, with your ID, and follow instruction from there.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Abear View Post
    Using this thinking, if I carry a copy of the 2nd amendment with me I don't need a CHP? Just pay $5?

Lol right I’m what many would call on the extreme right wing. Especially when it comes to the 2nd A, but I’m a realist.

Am I being detained or am I free to go? Maybe the funniest statement in the English language.

LEO’s if you have funny stories that you can get away with telling, I’m like Obama... ALL EARS. Maybe a new thread called Dumb $h*+ people say to cops.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bangswitch View Post
    Lol right I’m what many would call on the extreme right wing. Especially when it comes to the 2nd A, but I’m a realist.

Am I being detained or am I free to go? Maybe the funniest statement in the English language.

LEO’s if you have funny stories that you can get away with telling, I’m like Obama... ALL EARS. Maybe a new thread called Dumb $h*+ people say to cops.
    There are hours, if not days of 'Am I free to go' videos on youtube