Cabelas

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    When I last went they were redoing or getting rid of the bargain room. Is it gone. What is the deal.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    So what did they dovwithbthe space? And that was,stupid now whT are they gonna,do with the stuff. I liked looking at stuff too. Was great to get that find.
    They would also have special buys that they must have made money off. Things like a large pile of crossbows you would go and 3 4 weeks later all gone so they were selling stuff.

Barry J

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Thibodaux
    Somebody on another site said the Cabelas store will become the "Bargain Cave" of Bass Pro Shop. No use having two stores that close together selling the same stuff. Last couple of times I went to Cabelas, it looked like they were thinning out their stock.

Tiollib

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 28, 2013
    Thibodaux
    So what did they dovwithbthe space? And that was,stupid now whT are they gonna,do with the stuff. I liked looking at stuff too. Was great to get that find.
    They would also have special buys that they must have made money off. Things like a large pile of crossbows you would go and 3 4 weeks later all gone so they were selling stuff.

They filled it with kids toys and clothes... I used to stop almost every time I passed and checked out the bargain cave. Don't even question passing it up now.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    last time i went, Early Jan, the atmosphere was sad. seemed like all the workers had "meh" attitudes.

I’ve noticed that attitude at most places now. It’s really a shame. They are the same people wanting $15/hr with full benefits starting out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    Bass Pro sucks. Too bad the buyout didn’t happen the other way around....or not at all.
    the last time I went, the cave was gone, filled with more bs DISPOSABLE **** and kids clothes and **** I dont go to an outdoor store for.

I have zero reason to go there now.. NONE..

hell, even the blow hard revolver selling fool at the counter who sells cannons to small women was quiet.. I knew it was time..

CGN37

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2019
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Bass Pro has cut back on a lot of the hunting and shooting gear. They still have the Gun Library, but I'm sure that won't last very long either. If they're smart, they'd keep Cabelas with it's own unique appeal and product lines.

xxBERGxx

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 30, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Yes Bass Pro has turned Cabelas into crap at least for gun and reloading folks. Use to be able to buy Selllier and Bellot pistol primers in low $20's. Haven't seen them in stock since the buy out. Gun library (my favorite part of the store) will not let you cycle and dry fire anymore. I was there last week they had a Mauser C96 broom handle pistol. I had every intention on buying but wouldn't take the lock off to function test.

dwhaley929

Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Dec 14, 2016
    Baton Rouge LA
    I talked to one of the roaming guys in shooting dept and asked if they were getting rid of reloading stuff. He said he didn't think so but they had definitely scaled it back.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nexus2024
    Top Bottom