Join BayouShooter For Free
CS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marksman

User Info Menu

Questions about HULU

I am considering dropping my cable TV, keeping my cable Internet and getting HULU. I don't know a lot about it but figured someone here is experienced with it.

Questions

Does it work off of my Internet or some sort of adapter and how does it connect ?

Does the customer set it up or a technician come and hook it up ?

Customer service issues ?

Many thanks

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper56 View Post
    I am considering dropping my cable TV, keeping my cable Internet and getting HULU. I don't know a lot about it but figured someone here is experienced with it.

Questions

Does it work off of my Internet or some sort of adapter and how does it connect ?

Does the customer set it up or a technician come and hook it up ?

Customer service issues ?

Many thanks
    Hulu live is awesome. You can use a smart tv,roku, Amazon, or similar device. You hook it up yourself and no technician is necessary. The only problem I had was with local Channels, my WiFi hits off of a tower in Metairie instead of Baton Rouge, therefore I would only get New Orleans local channels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Censored by "them"

On Target

User Info Menu

You would still need an Internet service for your device to access Hulu Live. Also be mindful that some of the TV services (Hulu, DirecTV Now, Playstation Vue, Youtube TV, Sling TV, Philo) limit the amount of Smart TVs or devices that can log into your account at one time.

This site has a lot of good information.

https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/the-...d-august-2018/

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CajunTrooper View Post
    You would still need an Internet service for your device to access Hulu Live. Also be mindful that some of the TV services (Hulu, DirecTV Now, Playstation Vue, Youtube TV, Sling TV, Philo) limit the amount of Smart TVs or devices that can log into your account at one time.

This site has a lot of good information.

https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/the-...d-august-2018/
    Yeah I forgot to mention needing internet. I think directv now is 2 tvís and Hulu was 4. I could be wrong though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Censored by "them"

Marksman

User Info Menu

Thanks to all for the information.

User Info Menu

I have Hulu through Sprint that was part of a promotion. It is great. I do not have Hulu Live, but the shows, in my opinion, are better than Netflix. As long as you have a TV or a Roku plugged into your TV, you will be good. You can also get the applications installed on your Xbox or PLaystation, if you have one. I tried FuboTV and it was awesome but only did it for the 7 day free trial because the monthly plan costs a lot compared to YouTube, Playstation Vue, and other TV services. Cable is definitely outdated and is ridiculous. local providers only offer it still because, solely of the fact, that it would cost more to remove the infrastructure than to keep it and offer it as a service. Be mindful that you get what you pay for with TV services. I have the cheaper Hulu plan and still get the commercials that everyone can't stand, for the most part.
    Last edited by rje0036; February 11th, 2019 at 07:03 PM.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Wifi and a Roku box and never look back. I don’t use Hulu but I’ve had Netflix for 10 years and amazon Prime for 5. If you put a good digital antenna in you attic you can power multiple TVs off of it to get local news and some sports.

oldbie

Premium Member

User Info Menu

We're talking about cutting the cord also. Anybody have a favorite antenna for local channels?
    "Be water, my friend..."

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LACamper View Post
    We're talking about cutting the cord also. Anybody have a favorite antenna for local channels?
    I don’t remember brand, but my experience has been bigger is better when it comes to antennas and amplified.

CZech It Out

User Info Menu

You can use this tool to find out where the stations are and it will help you decide what kind of antenna is best for your situation. I cut the cord two years ago and my phone and have saved over 50% from my previous bill. I use a directional antenna and get 23 broadcast stations plus get Hulu, Netflix, and Amazon Prime via WiFi from my computer. My antenna after doing a bunch of research ended up being a RCA directional (beam type) and works awesome. The higher the better if you are able to do that. Use this..

https://www.tvfool.com/index.php?opt...page&Itemid=75
    Last edited by BOSS351; February 12th, 2019 at 07:48 AM.