Questions about HULU

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sniper56

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 10, 2007
    LaPlace
    I am considering dropping my cable TV, keeping my cable Internet and getting HULU. I don't know a lot about it but figured someone here is experienced with it.

Questions

Does it work off of my Internet or some sort of adapter and how does it connect ?

Does the customer set it up or a technician come and hook it up ?

Customer service issues ?

Many thanks

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I am considering dropping my cable TV, keeping my cable Internet and getting HULU. I don't know a lot about it but figured someone here is experienced with it.

Questions

Does it work off of my Internet or some sort of adapter and how does it connect ?

Does the customer set it up or a technician come and hook it up ?

Customer service issues ?

Many thanks

Hulu live is awesome. You can use a smart tv,roku, Amazon, or similar device. You hook it up yourself and no technician is necessary. The only problem I had was with local Channels, my WiFi hits off of a tower in Metairie instead of Baton Rouge, therefore I would only get New Orleans local channels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

CajunTrooper

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 28, 2014
    LA

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    You would still need an Internet service for your device to access Hulu Live. Also be mindful that some of the TV services (Hulu, DirecTV Now, Playstation Vue, Youtube TV, Sling TV, Philo) limit the amount of Smart TVs or devices that can log into your account at one time.

This site has a lot of good information.

https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/the-beginners-guide-to-cord-cutting-updated-august-2018/

Yeah I forgot to mention needing internet. I think directv now is 2 tv’s and Hulu was 4. I could be wrong though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

rje0036

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2018
    New Orleans, LA
    I have Hulu through Sprint that was part of a promotion. It is great. I do not have Hulu Live, but the shows, in my opinion, are better than Netflix. As long as you have a TV or a Roku plugged into your TV, you will be good. You can also get the applications installed on your Xbox or PLaystation, if you have one. I tried FuboTV and it was awesome but only did it for the 7 day free trial because the monthly plan costs a lot compared to YouTube, Playstation Vue, and other TV services. Cable is definitely outdated and is ridiculous. local providers only offer it still because, solely of the fact, that it would cost more to remove the infrastructure than to keep it and offer it as a service. Be mindful that you get what you pay for with TV services. I have the cheaper Hulu plan and still get the commercials that everyone can't stand, for the most part.

Last edited:

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Wifi and a Roku box and never look back. I don’t use Hulu but I’ve had Netflix for 10 years and amazon Prime for 5. If you put a good digital antenna in you attic you can power multiple TVs off of it to get local news and some sports.

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    You can use this tool to find out where the stations are and it will help you decide what kind of antenna is best for your situation. I cut the cord two years ago and my phone and have saved over 50% from my previous bill. I use a directional antenna and get 23 broadcast stations plus get Hulu, Netflix, and Amazon Prime via WiFi from my computer. My antenna after doing a bunch of research ended up being a RCA directional (beam type) and works awesome. The higher the better if you are able to do that. Use this..

https://www.tvfool.com/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=75

Last edited:

Troedoff

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Prairieville
    Cut the cord over 5 years ago, and will never look back. Hulu live is a great service for local channels as well. With my cable provider they actually have a streaming cable so I get that from them for 5 or 10 bucks a month, and my promotion came with HBO free. My connection runs 80 per month with free HBO, and is 500 down, 100 up. With Hulu I think they cut it back to 2 TV's at the same time, and you cannot have a VPN running on the device you are streaming from. It works with most smart TV's, and Roku, Firestick etc. I don't really watch TV, but my wife, and kid love it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nexus2024
    Top Bottom