Join BayouShooter For Free
CS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by xduser504 View Post
    Just thought of a question for this situation, how often did she practice getting her gun out of the gun vault and what kind of lock was it for example, combination or biometric, key?
    Biometric. She opened it up every morning and put her pistol in her car when she went to work. Normally left the vault open and empty during the day. Always opened, until she needed it!

Coffee! Must have coffee!
    Doug

If you do what your enemy expects, you will die.

Keytruda came, saw, and kicked my cancers ass!

Banned

User Info Menu

Best way to keep your handgun safe from kids? Don’t have kids

Not Banned!!!

User Info Menu

I did see a chastity belt style holster setup that a guy claimed to wear every night. Seemed a bit over the top, but...

Seems like the best bet is to have the gun close to you and unrestrained while you sleep, but have a place to store it safely when you are not in bed. It will add a new routine, get gun out of safe location before bed and put it back when you get up. Maybe a drawer safe for the nightstand that can be used to secure the gun during the day, and a holster that sandwiches between the mattress and box-spring so that the gun is not super obvious when it is out of the safe.

I like the idea of a semi with the chamber empty, but that adds time when you do not need it, plus you need both hands. I have a daughter and she knows not to fool with the guns, but I do worry that other kids that visit my house will not have had the same training.
    "These Rocky Mountains aren't very rocky. Yeah, that John Denver is full of SH**!"