Shotguns for home defense

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DBW03

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2019
    Kenner
    At 25 yards I can place all eight shots into the center of a B-29 target, as fast as I can operate the action.

If you read my posts, you would know that I do acknowledge recoil in a shotgun, and mitigate that issue with my ammo selection.

Recoil is not the determining factor, for me, when using my TAC-14 on how fast I can follow up shots.

Perhaps you should consider some strength training if a shotgun recoils too much for you to use effectively.

Yes, it is slower than my AR.

Please do this for me:

Run your Bill Drill, with your AR, inside your home, without earpro.

Report back to me how effective you think your AR is afterward.

So you acknowledge that you chose a firearm that has much more recoil, much less capacity, and have no desire to actually seek training on using your shotgun. Why is that?

Oh... yea... we’re back to the hearing thing.

I have a suppressor. Humble yourself...

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    lmao

I’m reminded of the saying, everybody wants to be gangster till gangster $h** starts going down.

I’ve heard a few stories like that. Nick Irving tells a story about is first kill, where pops out the top of his Humvee and drop the mag out of his M4 instead of squeezing the trigger. Now there’s a badass sounds like you are too.

I'm no bad ass. :rofl:

I'm just a gimpy old man, with a shotgun.:D

Get off my lawn. :mamoru:

- - - Updated - - -

You will when you realize you are flash banging yourself. If thats your tactics by all means it’s a free country but it will be quite disorienting.

He's got no clue.

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    So you acknowledge that you chose a firearm that has much more recoil, much less capacity, and have no desire to actually seek training on using your shotgun. Why is that?

Oh, wow. You have a silencer? Geesh. You store it on your carbine? Next to your bed? Loaded?

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    I'm picturing him doing dishes, with a M-4 slung across his back, with a silencer on it, and a Surefire 100 round mag sticking out the mag well.

DBW03

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2019
    Kenner
    DBMJR1 said:
    He's got no clue.

Wow. You have it all figured out.

How long is your overall setup?
    Are you running subsonics?
    And you are one to talk humility.

No longer than a common home defense shotgun.

No. Subsonic 5.56 is a no-go. Noise levels are tolerable.

Oh, wow. You have a silencer? Geesh. You store it on your carbine? Next to your bed? Loaded?

Yes. Yes. No. Yes.

It’s stored in a manner that I can quickly access it.

I'm picturing him doing dishes, with a M-4 slung across his back, with a silencer on it, and a Surefire 100 round mag sticking out the mag well.

Do you carry your Tac-14 around the house?

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.

. . . and just what the H E Double Hockey Sticks makes you think that I don't own a silencer? Why would that humble me?

(Yes, I said, 'S I L E N C E R', because when I fill out the paperwork for customers, that's what it's called on the form.)

DBW03

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2019
    Kenner
    . . . and just what the H E Double Hockey Sticks makes you think that I don't own a silencer? Why would that humble me?

(Yes, I said, 'S I L E N C E R', because when I fill out the paperwork for customers, that's what it's called on the form.)

Oh cool, you own a CAN too. Oops, I mean a silencer. God forbid someone also calls a FIREARM a GUN...

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    Wow. You have it all figured out.

I've stated my lack of qualifications SEVERAL times. You've YET to state any qualifications you have earned.

No longer than a common home defense shotgun.

So 31", or there about? You plan on turning corners with that thing? With that heavy weight on the end of the barrel?

No. Subsonic 5.56 is a no-go. Noise levels are tolerable.

Have you tried this indoors?

Yes. Yes. No. Yes.

It’s stored in a manner that I can quickly access it.

So your plan is to open the closet, unlock the safe, retrieve your silenced carbine, then, . . . what?

Do you carry your Tac-14 around the house?

No. I've stated several times that around the house I carry a handgun. Generally a MP 2.0. Sometimes a revolver. Depends on my mood.

Right now it's the MP. Tomorrow it might be a Luger. Day after that, who knows. So many guns, so little time.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    So you did it once? Cool...

That’s the equivalent of saying I’m prepared to make a mile long shot, because I’ve done it once.
    So you need a buzzer and a timer everytime to effectively practice emptying a mag into an intended target? Dang how are you gonna run a bill drill when some some battle hardened badass walks in your house if you don’t have a buzzer and a timer?

oh and I’ve taken some longer pokes but 1760 yards is a bridge to far for this guy.

Last edited:

DBW03

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2019
    Kenner
    No. I've stated several times that around the house I carry a handgun. Generally a MP 2.0. Sometimes a revolver. Depends on my mood.

Right now it's the MP. Tomorrow it might be a Luger. Day after that, who knows. So many guns, so little time.

Yes you can maneuever a house with a 30 inch OAL carbine easily. If that boggles your mind, ask your local SWAT team how they do it.

Oh and if you think a CAN on the end of the gun is too heavy, take your own advice and get some strength training.

Yes, I’ve shot in confined spaces with a suppressed rifle and no ear pro.

My plan is to grab my rifle. Depending on the situation, I would either advance towards the unknown or stay put. Those situations are dependent upon where I am and who is near me. I don’t know of anyone with half a clue who is going to go clear their house if they have their loved ones with them. It’s a different story if their are children or loved ones in other parts of the house.

Your Vietnam training didn’t prepare you for that. So I guess you don’t have a clue either.

Last edited:

DBW03

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2019
    Kenner
    So you need a buzzer and a timer everytime to effectively practice emptying a mag into an intended target? Dang how are you gonna run a bill drill when some some battle hardened badass walks in your house if you don’t have a buzzer and a timer?

oh and I’ve taken some longer pokes but 1760 yards is a bridge to far for this guy.

A timer gives you a baseline for performance and the data that you two asked for.

You would know that if you actually had formal training on the subject.

DBW03

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2019
    Kenner
    There is a reason that many of us frown on calling a firearm a 'gun'. Had you ever been to BRM, you would know the reason.

Ohhhh BRM... yea uh no. It’s a gun, or a rifle, or a carbine, or a firearm, or whatever the hell else you want to call it. You are running out of arguments to justify your fudd gun, so you are arguing semantics

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    Yes you can maneuever a house with a 30 inch OAL carbine easily. If that boggles your mind, ask your local SWAT team how they do it.

Oh and if you think a CAN on the end of the gun is too heavy, take your own advice and get some strength training.

Yes, I’ve shot in confined spaces with a suppressed rifle and no ear pro.

My plan is to grab my rifle. Depending on the situation, I would either advance towards the unknown or stay put. Those situations are dependent upon where I am and who is near me. I don’t know of anyone with half a clue who is going to go clear their house if they have their loved ones with them. It’s a different story if their are children or loved ones in other parts of the house.

Your Vietnam training didn’t prepare you for that. So I guess you don’t have a clue either.

So you've got a M-4 Carbine, with a silencer, that is circa 30" OAL ?

Are you a member of a SWAT team?

Any weight you add to the muzzle end of a long gun, inhibits your ability to turn corners and aim effectively. It's called 'momentum'. I didn't have to join a SWAT team to lean physics. I graduated from Orleans Public Schools.

Wrong war buddy.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    A timer gives you a baseline for performance and the data that you two asked for.

You would know that if you actually had formal training on the subject.

You are cute. I must remind you this is the internet and you showed up yesterday. I showed up last month so... I think it’s safe to say you know less than nothing about what training I’ve had and what my skills or lack of look like.

I do know there are tons of want-to-bes running around the internet and I’m not one of them.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom