Join BayouShooter For Free

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 132223
    Marksman

User Info Menu

I've got a Stoger 20 ga. coach gun as one of my 'home defense shotguns' , good gun but excessively heavy, it even has ported barrels. I used the other 'home defense shotgun' to defend my yard from a 3 1/2' cottonmouth this afternoon, birdshot cut him into 3 pieces

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Magdump View Post
    Yeah, Im a sucker. Just ordered the .410 too so I can ditch my snake charmer maybe..

Best side by side Ive found for the money is Stoeger. Im sure theyre more now but my coach gun is an awesome piece that cost less than $300 OTD new. Im told most of the Turkish guns are a great value as well.
    Stoeger was so good at copying Benelli shotguns Benelli bought them out!
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

All or nothing

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gator 45/70 View Post
    Stoeger was so good at copying Benelli shotguns Benelli bought them out!
    Come on. I didn’t know that. Or that either. Dang. Cool!
    Contrary to popular belief, a head shot is not necessarily a guaranteed kill shot....but it sure does take the fight out of 'em.

and if one in every 100,000,000 M&M's contained enough cyanide to kill a person, the Mars candy company would be forced by public outcry to correct it
    Bangswitch

Marksman

User Info Menu

Yes they did

Not Banned!!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Suburbazine View Post
    Ok, now that I've drawn you in with the generic title and open premise, I'm going to ruin your fun by subjecting you a very limiting premise:

While most everyone "on the internet" says shotguns are hands down the best home defense weapon, how much advantage does a shotgun have over any other weapon when it comes to controlling penetration of interior walls and not hitting people you don't want to hit?

Then take this further and pretend you're arguing with a fellow about why firing a shotgun at a target they feel they can't hit with any other weapon besides a shotgun because it's "too close/dark/dynamic and they might miss".

No dragging any self respecting self defense professionals into this argument without first qualifying these premises.

After it gets hashed out or supportively referenced to death I will be presenting the entire thread to whom I argue with, regardless of whether the results support my view or not.

You quickly end any pros of running a shotgun as a home defense weapon by asking the operator to hold the gun at ready and then open a door, especially a door that swings towards the operator.... Or run a pump shotgun single handed. Or run a handheld light and the shotgun at the same time. Or about a dozen other things.

And racking the shotgun to "scare off the intruder" is about the dumbest thing I have ever heard. I don't want the "intruder" to hear me, at all.
    "These Rocky Mountains aren't very rocky. Yeah, that John Denver is full of SH**!"

-Global Mod-

User Info Menu

Buy a Shotgun ....................Jill if there was ever a problem
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHZ7zXLvOkY