WTB: Small truck for son

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • icetraxx

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2011
    Denham Springs
    Looking for a truck for my son as a first ride. Budget is under 6k(cash in hand). Looking for a 2wd/4wd under or around 150k miles. I am looking for something clean and preferably a 5 speed manual around the Baton Rouge area. I've just about had enough of the all crap that I have seen lately and have driven a short distance to look at that was supposedly in excellent condition(undisclosed hail damage on hood and roof). So I turned to the forum for some assistance.

Last edited:

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Looking for a truck for my son as a first ride. Budget is under 6k(cash in hand). Looking for a 2wd/4wd under or around 150k miles. I am looking for something clean and preferably a 5 speed manual around the Baton Rouge area. I've just about had enough of the all crap that I have seen lately and have driven a short distance to look at that was supposedly in excellent condition(undisclosed hail damage on hood and roof). So I turned to the forum for some assistance.

I’m in the exact same boat. Been searching the web for a while. Let me know if you pass on something please as I might want it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sainte70

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    NOLA
    I will be listing a 2002 f150 supercrew soon for about $4000.

I have to replace both front doors and have them painted to match otherwise, both front doors will be red.

Only reason for delay is ex-wife’s name is still on title with me but that is not an issue.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I will be listing a 2002 f150 supercrew soon for about $4000.

I have to replace both front doors and have them painted to match otherwise, both front doors will be red.

Only reason for delay is ex-wife’s name is still on title with me but that is not an issue.

How many miles is on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

sportsbud

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    NOLA
    Makes me glad to have my 02 Ranger with the 4.0 v6 and 4x4. Rare to find another one with the extended cab and on good shape. Love my truck, hate the fuel economy lol.

The Louisiana market is kind of dry on small trucks. Most have either been wrecked or you see them on those 4 car convoys going south of the border where they still like hotcakes.

I have no plans on selling mine anytime soon, insurance on the Ranger is outrageous though. It's place on the cost to insure level is near the top.

Sainte70

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    NOLA
    I’ll have to check in am but, it’s right at 150k or just under. I hardly drove for last few years since I have a work truck.

icetraxx

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2011
    Denham Springs
    Yes craigslist is littered with scams. Facebook is littered with the used car dealers on the side of the roads everywhere. The pictures that are posted do not reveal any medium dents or metal deep scratches. There are several that do the bait an switch. Offer a low price but in fine print somewhere in the add it is just a down payment and finance the rest. The other problem is these used car guys are a competition as well. They are looking for stuff they can get cheap and sell for full retail.

Insurance is a beast on anything prior 2010. It is almost the same as my 2017 Ram for a 05 colorado with 150k.

A lot of the small trucks are headed south of the border and all of the ones that I have found have had a good interior but trashed exterior or vice versa. I've been looking for a Ranger, Frontier, Colorado, Tacoma, and Chevy/Ford fullsize standard cabs.

I'vw expanded my search range via relatives to north louisiana. I might make a trip to houston one weekend to see what is over there.

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    I have an 08 Colorado 2wd 4dr with130k .

Asking 6500

Can send pics, or post them here. New tires, plugs, alignment and it is clean for its age and mileage. Not perfect, it is a used truck.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom