Join BayouShooter For Free

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mary's gone Cedric's next

User Info Menu

Sales are significantly down since the last Presidential election.

Eagerly looking forward to the next election cycle.

I really don't care if the public uses their firearms, or not. I just need them to continue to purchase them.

Of course, it helps to sell ammo too.

We've adapted to the slump by developing a good sale model on Gunbroker, where the audience is much larger. Gunsmithing also is a great revenue source for us.

Thankfully, we've been blessed with a loyal clientele base that likes nice things.
    "Beer is proof that God loves us, and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin

Marksman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

It's pretty clear that the "Trump Slump" is a real phenomenon. Notwithstanding my distrust that anyone from New York City will "protect" my gun rights, I do understand that the gun buying frenzy has tapered off. And I will note that we've lost more of our gun rights under Trump than we ever did under Obama.

That said, the Democratic party has already introduced gun control legislation ... that will die in the senate, almost certainly, but that will also give the NRA plenty of fodder to fan the flames with. I predict that we'll see the market shift from a "buyer's market" to a "seller's market" in the next 12 to 18 months.

One of my pet peeves is that people buy a gun out of fear, don't train with it, leave it in a drawer somewhere, and then their stupid kid comes along and finds it and does something stupid with it. I will never support mandatory training requirements for purchase and possession of a gun (I see these as a form of poll tax), but I also think that these people do us more of a disservice, even if they are contributing to gun sales overall.

Mike
    ΦΒΚ. Honi soit qui mal y pense.

Marksman

User Info Menu

If anything sales should be up. This administration will do more to damage your gun rights than the last two administrations combined between red flag and forcing the Feds to change classification to meet the demands of gun grabbers. I feel more at risk than anytime in the past. This new Wall compromise will probably have gun legislation in it.
    Those who live by the sword, get shot by those who don't.

Tim

Mary's gone Cedric's next

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by machinedrummer View Post
    If anything sales should be up. This administration will do more to damage your gun rights than the last two administrations combined between red flag and forcing the Feds to change classification to meet the demands of gun grabbers. I feel more at risk than anytime in the past. This new Wall compromise will probably have gun legislation in it.
    You really need to stop recklessly stating the truth.

Next thing you're going to tell us is that the NRA supports gun control.

Join the GOA. I did. You should too, if you care about your rights.
    "Beer is proof that God loves us, and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin

Marksman

User Info Menu

I lost all my guns in a horrible boating accident. The gubment and the cops will provide everything in need to live. I’m going green all the way.
    Those who live by the sword, get shot by those who don't.

Tim