Need gun Smith to upgrade 6-48 to 8-40 screws

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SavantGunworks

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Montezuma, Iowa
    Just trying to give options, I know Jim's will do an excellent as I personally spent many years helping the development and growth of the gunsmith department there as well as Reynerson's Gunsmith Service. As for the "loan" comment, the price is fair. https://www.brownells.com/userdocs/miscellaneous/shoppricesurvey.pdf Not sure who eMGunslinger is, I'm sure they will do just fine as the job requested is simple and straight forward. I know most gunsmiths in the BR area personally and all the bad gunsmiths are no longer working as gunsmiths last I checked. Bucketnascar3, good luck with your project.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    lol last time I spent a dime at jims for a 8-40 screw for a scope mount, talked to my reg sales people in there and visited why he looked for one the right length and came out and handed me the screw and I said thanks and he said that will be $40....silly me, I figured they would give me the .02 screw... I was like.. serious and he was like im afraid so. That's after buying several over priced guns from them, well that was the last time I ever spent a dime in there, now all I do is go there and test drive and go trade or buy it for 1/2 price somewhere else

Just trying to give options, I know Jim's will do an excellent as I personally spent many years helping the development and growth of the gunsmith department there as well as Reynerson's Gunsmith Service. As for the "loan" comment, the price is fair. https://www.brownells.com/userdocs/miscellaneous/shoppricesurvey.pdf Not sure who eMGunslinger is, I'm sure they will do just fine as the job requested is simple and straight forward. I know most gunsmiths in the BR area personally and all the bad gunsmiths are no longer working as gunsmiths last I checked. Bucketnascar3, good luck with your project.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Apple cider vinegarOTR
    Top Bottom