Join BayouShooter For Free
Brass

User Info Menu

Need gun Smith to upgrade 6-48 to 8-40 screws

Looking for a gunsmith as close to Zachary as possible who can upgrade my Savage to 8-40 screws and mount base. Thanks.

Weapon Savant

User Info Menu

I can do it for you without a problem and have a shop in Central

May have to get a new 8-40 tap but its not hard to do
    People spend to much time talking and not enough time listening or thinking.

Caleb Savant/SwaggerSmith

User Info Menu

Send that sucka to Jim's Firearms.
    @DapperGunsmith

Marksman

User Info Menu

and make sure you sign up for a loan to pay for the service!!! lol
    Quote Originally Posted by SavantGunworks View Post
    Send that sucka to Jim's Firearms.
    go with emgunslinger!!! he has done some great work for me at very reasonable prices

User Info Menu

Just trying to give options, I know Jim's will do an excellent as I personally spent many years helping the development and growth of the gunsmith department there as well as Reynerson's Gunsmith Service. As for the "loan" comment, the price is fair. https://www.brownells.com/userdocs/m...ricesurvey.pdf Not sure who eMGunslinger is, I'm sure they will do just fine as the job requested is simple and straight forward. I know most gunsmiths in the BR area personally and all the bad gunsmiths are no longer working as gunsmiths last I checked. Bucketnascar3, good luck with your project.
    @DapperGunsmith

Marksman

User Info Menu

lol last time I spent a dime at jims for a 8-40 screw for a scope mount, talked to my reg sales people in there and visited why he looked for one the right length and came out and handed me the screw and I said thanks and he said that will be $40....silly me, I figured they would give me the .02 screw... I was like.. serious and he was like im afraid so. That's after buying several over priced guns from them, well that was the last time I ever spent a dime in there, now all I do is go there and test drive and go trade or buy it for 1/2 price somewhere else

Quote Originally Posted by SavantGunworks View Post
    Just trying to give options, I know Jim's will do an excellent as I personally spent many years helping the development and growth of the gunsmith department there as well as Reynerson's Gunsmith Service. As for the "loan" comment, the price is fair. https://www.brownells.com/userdocs/m...ricesurvey.pdf Not sure who eMGunslinger is, I'm sure they will do just fine as the job requested is simple and straight forward. I know most gunsmiths in the BR area personally and all the bad gunsmiths are no longer working as gunsmiths last I checked. Bucketnascar3, good luck with your project.
    Last edited by Bigchillin83; March 5th, 2019 at 03:28 PM.

User Info Menu

Interesting, I set the price for those screws. They were $3.50 cut to what ever length you needed, sorry you had a bad experience.
    @DapperGunsmith