Join BayouShooter For Free
CS

Take a Card. Any Card.

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Feeling Nostalgic At The Range

I head out to the range with a couple of 45's and my favorite 22, a MK2 Target.
    There is a couple at the range when I arrive.
    They look to be in their 40's, maybe approaching 50. They have a kid with them about 13 or 14 years old.
    The dad (or grandfather) and I exchange a few nice words. He states that they are teaching the kid to shoot. "Sweet" I remarked.
    We're all shooting and I return to my truck for something. As I walk toward the firing line I see the kid and his elders looking at my 22 in the open case. The kids mouth is open and he's saying "Wow, look at that" in an excited tone. The adults nod appreciatively.
    It brought a big smile to my face. Reminded me of mine at that age. I kinda hung back a few seconds enjoying the sight.
    Here she is... Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MK2third.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	249.0 KB 
ID:	84020

On Target

User Info Menu

Sooo, did you let the kid shoot it?

La. CHP Instructor #409

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tun_o_matic View Post
    Sooo, did you let the kid shoot it?
    This.

Take a Card. Any Card.

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Would have, but they were on their out.

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Beau Etienne View Post
    Would have, but they were on their out.
    I do that a lot,When I see a kid at the range I approach the adult and ask if its Ok for the kid to shoot something with a can on it,Nothing but grins from the kid!
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

All or nothing

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Beau Etienne View Post
    I head out to the range with a couple of 45's and my favorite 22, a MK2 Target.
    There is a couple at the range when I arrive.
    They look to be in their 40's, maybe approaching 50. They have a kid with them about 13 or 14 years old.
    The dad (or grandfather) and I exchange a few nice words. He states that they are teaching the kid to shoot. "Sweet" I remarked.
    We're all shooting and I return to my truck for something. As I walk toward the firing line I see the kid and his elders looking at my 22 in the open case. The kids mouth is open and he's saying "Wow, look at that" in an excited tone. The adults nod appreciatively.
    It brought a big smile to my face. Reminded me of mine at that age. I kinda hung back a few seconds enjoying the sight.
    Here she is... Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MK2third.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	249.0 KB 
ID:	84020
    Nice pistols indeed. Some of my buds watched me tagging yellow golf balls at 75 yards with mine last year with the factory sights. Those things are a pleasure to shoot. If you ever decide to part with it try me first.
    Contrary to popular belief, a head shot is not necessarily a guaranteed kill shot....but it sure does take the fight out of 'em.

and if one in every 100,000,000 M&M's contained enough cyanide to kill a person, the Mars candy company would be forced by public outcry to correct it
    Bangswitch

Take a Card. Any Card.

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Thanks
    I think I will go to my grave with that one. If, however I don't, I will go to you first.