Beretta CX4 barrel threading

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Thanks for the advice. I have ordered most of Sierra Papa's parts.
    I did their trigger on mine and I’m happy. Couldn’t entertain shipping mine to them to have them chop the stock. I like the factory stock tho. They really are sweet carbines.

6bc7b8c7575c45ceacfbeecfcabfce41.jpg

Last edited:

archbru

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2015
    New Orleans, LA
    Anyone here or know someone that can thread the barrel on Beretta CX4?

I brought my CX4 to Bayou Teche Guns in Arnaudville. The smith there does very nice work. The CX4 requires a special barrel tool to remove it from the receiver. Teche Guns has the correct tool. Cost was $110 w/ a thread protector if I remember correctly. He had it completed inside of 10 days.

-Bru

Last edited:

Cheesy Lasagna

Sooooo Cheesy!
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Kennah!
    Careful with threading a CX4 ...read up on 922R regulations.

Okay, this makes no sense to me.
    Isn’t the entire purpose of 922R to make certain that an imported firearm contains a specific number of U.S. made parts?
    If a firearm is already in compliance, threading a barrel will have no impact on the number of foreign or domestic parts.
    Threading is just a gunsmith service, not replacing a part with another...

mxracer72

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 2, 2014
    Addis, LA
    I thought I remembered seeing something about adding "features" (like a threaded barrel) to an imported rifle that might make it out of compliance with 922r without offsetting those added features by additional US-made parts.

However, I could easily be mistaken on the subject....hence my comment for the OP to read up for himself.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I thought I remembered seeing something about adding "features" (like a threaded barrel) to an imported rifle that might make it out of compliance with 922r without offsetting those added features by additional US-made parts.

However, I could easily be mistaken on the subject....hence my comment for the OP to read up for himself.
    Just a matter of fine print. If you are having the existing barrel threaded, you aren’t really adding or subtracting any parts... except maybe a thread protector.

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    I had always thought that 922r directly applied to import regulations. So it would not apply to already imported items, some other law would have to cover the modification of said imported item by the end user?

I looked into it quite a bit when I was building aks, then realized that the selection of parts that I was using made the finished product 922r compliant , so i quit researching. I had enough US made parts, trigger assy, barrel, receiver, and muzzle device, plus most of them had US made furniture, and now I use US made mags.

I had to revist 922r again recently with the HK builds, but yet again I was good as most of the parts I am using are us made: barrel, trunnion, receiver, bolt, locking piece, carrier and furniture. Only really left with small parts that are foreign. And most of them are not named items anyways.

Still not really savvy on 922r.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I had always thought that 922r directly applied to import regulations. So it would not apply to already imported items, some other law would have to cover the modification of said imported item by the end user?

I looked into it quite a bit when I was building aks, then realized that the selection of parts that I was using made the finished product 922r compliant , so i quit researching. I had enough US made parts, trigger assy, barrel, receiver, and muzzle device, plus most of them had US made furniture, and now I use US made mags.

I had to revist 922r again recently with the HK builds, but yet again I was good as most of the parts I am using are us made: barrel, trunnion, receiver, bolt, locking piece, carrier and furniture. Only really left with small parts that are foreign. And most of them are not named items anyways.

Still not really savvy on 922r.
    If Beretta has a factory and corporate office stateside, is it still considered an importer? I think the import laws are a little different when it comes to Gun manufacturers who’ve set up housekeeping on US soil.
    In fact, I don’t think the CX4 is really considered an import firearm any more than a 92FS stamped ‘Made in Italy’ is treated any differently than one stamped ‘Made in USA’. Do you see any import marks on the Italian pistol? Nope.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom