Any LEO"S here?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • moe24

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    What's up yall I have question..one of my customers at work has a gun he wants to sell and I'm interested in it..how can i check to see if the gun isnt stolen?
    I've known this guy for a few years just by coming into to my store,hes always seemed like a standup guy but I just want to make sure the gun isnt stolen...hes suppose to bring the gun to my shop today so I can check it out but I'm starting to have 2nd thoughts on whether or not I should buy it..

I think if I can't find out if its stolen or not then I might just pass up on the deal..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    What's up yall I have question..one of my customers at work has a gun he wants to sell and I'm interested in it..how can i check to see if the gun isnt stolen?
    I've known this guy for a few years just by coming into to my store,hes always seemed like a standup guy but I just want to make sure the gun isnt stolen...hes suppose to bring the gun to my shop today so I can check it out but I'm starting to have 2nd thoughts on whether or not I should buy it..

I think if I can't find out if its stolen or not then I might just pass up on the deal..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Call your local sheriffs office, they might do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

sailem

Infantryman
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Pontchatoula LA
    Where are you located? Get your local sheriffs office number, they can come out (usually) and run it for you. Personally I won't run anything without an Item# while off duty, Aka personal inquires. You should get a bill of sale anyway. To be prosecuted for possession of stolen things you have to knowingly be in possession of a stolen object (know its stolen) BUT it's never good to be in possession of a stolen firearm in the case you have to use it. Just my opinion. If you think the gun may be stolen, dont do the sale.

Last edited:

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Came across a deal at the Slidell show years ago. Guy had a rifle and only wanted a fifth of what it was worth. Story goes: it was for rent his roommate owed. He was from Mississippi but traveling to Florida for a job and needed to sell it for gas money and food. I kicked myself in the a$$ and walked away. I kept an eye on him, not stalking but... he did go and show it to a few tables of non-ffl guys. Not sure if he sold it but I’m sure I didn’t buy it. That little voice said, *don’t do it*. I certain I wouldn’t enjoy prison sex.

gcab985

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Raceland, LA
    Do a Google lookup for "Stolen gun lookup" Several sites will come up where you can enter a gun's serial number and it will do a lookup for free.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Next time tell the seller to meet you at the Sheriff's office to do the trade and see if he backpedals...

Top Bottom