Any LEO"S here?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • moe24

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    What's up yall I have question..one of my customers at work has a gun he wants to sell and I'm interested in it..how can i check to see if the gun isnt stolen?
    I've known this guy for a few years just by coming into to my store,hes always seemed like a standup guy but I just want to make sure the gun isnt stolen...hes suppose to bring the gun to my shop today so I can check it out but I'm starting to have 2nd thoughts on whether or not I should buy it..

I think if I can't find out if its stolen or not then I might just pass up on the deal..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    What's up yall I have question..one of my customers at work has a gun he wants to sell and I'm interested in it..how can i check to see if the gun isnt stolen?
    I've known this guy for a few years just by coming into to my store,hes always seemed like a standup guy but I just want to make sure the gun isnt stolen...hes suppose to bring the gun to my shop today so I can check it out but I'm starting to have 2nd thoughts on whether or not I should buy it..

I think if I can't find out if its stolen or not then I might just pass up on the deal..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Call your local sheriffs office, they might do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

sailem

Infantryman
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Pontchatoula LA
    Where are you located? Get your local sheriffs office number, they can come out (usually) and run it for you. Personally I won't run anything without an Item# while off duty, Aka personal inquires. You should get a bill of sale anyway. To be prosecuted for possession of stolen things you have to knowingly be in possession of a stolen object (know its stolen) BUT it's never good to be in possession of a stolen firearm in the case you have to use it. Just my opinion. If you think the gun may be stolen, dont do the sale.

Last edited:

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Came across a deal at the Slidell show years ago. Guy had a rifle and only wanted a fifth of what it was worth. Story goes: it was for rent his roommate owed. He was from Mississippi but traveling to Florida for a job and needed to sell it for gas money and food. I kicked myself in the a$$ and walked away. I kept an eye on him, not stalking but... he did go and show it to a few tables of non-ffl guys. Not sure if he sold it but I’m sure I didn’t buy it. That little voice said, *don’t do it*. I certain I wouldn’t enjoy prison sex.

gcab985

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Raceland, LA
    Do a Google lookup for "Stolen gun lookup" Several sites will come up where you can enter a gun's serial number and it will do a lookup for free.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Next time tell the seller to meet you at the Sheriff's office to do the trade and see if he backpedals...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nexus2024
    Top Bottom