Night hunting laws.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • talcatcha

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2013
    Pearl River, Louisiana
    The night hunting rules are confusing. "On private property, the landowner, or his lessee or agent with written permission and the landowner’s contact information in his possession" How does this work with a hunting club lease from a timber company that has leased the land from a landowner?

tallwalker

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Covington, LA
    I'm getting conflicting information about calling wildlife and fisheries and local sheriff on which days or even if this applies to private land. Does anyone here hunt at night?

There is a process that the WLF started a year or two ago. If you are hunting on private land, the landowner can fill out an application which assigns an ID number and a phone number to call when hunting at night. They can also add assigns (you) if they wish to. It has to be when no other hunting season is going on though (I.e., NOT deer season, etc.). Keep trying with LAWLF, they will eventually figure out what you are asking for.

Under the old system you had to call the local sheriff and give the hours of the hunt, etc. Most of the time they either didn’t know what to do or were so curious they would show up and bust your hunt for you. Ask me how I know.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    There is a process that the WLF started a year or two ago. If you are hunting on private land, the landowner can fill out an application which assigns an ID number and a phone number to call when hunting at night. They can also add assigns (you) if they wish to. It has to be when no other hunting season is going on though (I.e., NOT deer season, etc.). Keep trying with LAWLF, they will eventually figure out what you are asking for.

Under the old system you had to call the local sheriff and give the hours of the hunt, etc. Most of the time they either didn’t know what to do or were so curious they would show up and bust your hunt for you. Ask me how I know.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wait, All I would do in lay down and hide for a few hours,They sooner or later need a doughnut or something so they drive off

talcatcha

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2013
    Pearl River, Louisiana
    The Timber company says they passed off alligator and night hunting permissions to hunting clubs so that is solved. I had to email the top of LDWF to get an answer about who to call and when. The latest change leaves out LDWF notifications so you only call the local sheriffs on the day of the hunt. I will be carrying the copy of the email till the booklet gets changed to reflect current law.

kz45

1911 cool-aid drinker
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    You can hunt hogs during deer season at nite with the proper paperwork, you must call the 24hr phone service and let them know you're making a hunt, not 24hr in advance

met7881

Former Yankee
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2013
    mandeville,La.
    You have incorrect information. Night time hunting is only allowed March through August only on private lands. No night time hunting on WMF or non private ( Public) lands. Go to the LDWF website and look under " outlaw quadripeds".

kz45

1911 cool-aid drinker
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    You have to be the landowner or agent, go to WDWF main office and get the paperwork, fill it out they will do a background check on you and if you check out will issue the permit.

A5BLASTER

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2019
    Zwolle
    I hunt hogs at night and have been checked 3 times by the wardens. You can not hunt hogs at night during open deer season. It's February to August only.

Also you don't need any signed paperwork from LDWF.

All you need is something from the landowner saying he or her is giving you permission to night hog their land. It must also have the landowners name and phone number as well as the address of the land your hunting.

Your name and phone number must be on it as well.

You must call ahead no later then 24 hours before you hunt and notify them where and what nights or nights you will be hunting.

This is how I do it and like I said I have been checked 3 times and a friend of mines son is a warden where I live and he said to do it this way as well.

Hope this helps.

A5BLASTER

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2019
    Zwolle
    Ok, I guess I'm special because I applied for the permit went through the background check and received (The Permit) to control hogs at nite during the months of Sep 1st - Feb 28th! Privite land. From Mar 1st -Aug 31st no permit is needed.

http://www.wlf.louisiana.gov/sites/...l_hog_control_permits_on_private_property.pdf

Don't know maybe you are special. I don't own the land I night hog hunt on. So I gave the info I had on someone hunting hogs at night on private land they don't own. I.E. by permission.

Also rechecked the regs in last year's book and it says nothing about a special permit. Again it only talks about what needs to be done to legal hunt hogs at night vie permission from a landowner to his lessee or person of permission.

And I was under the belive that this the info the OP was looking for.

Sorry if I ruffled your feathers are something. My statement was not aimed at anyone. It was simply a data point of how I'm doing it and want I have read and been told is the legal way to go about it.

Top Bottom