Nevada Outlaws Private Gun Sales.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    I’m gonna take a stab at it, cause it’s just sitting out there...

I would think that a e-wife is something along the lines of them new e-cigarettes, like a wife, but a electronic version of a wife that does all the wifely duties and functions and hopefully don’t talk too much...
    I hear the Japanese have just about got all the bugs worked out. Like it would not be cool if she was just standing there washing the dishes and suddenly burst into flames, so....yeah.
    Good talk.

What? Is this actually something out there better than Heidi the inflatable love doll I found out in the woods?

Back on topic, Background checks needed on lets say cars and trucks sales thru an FFL type of deal coming soon?

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    If Someone drove to Nevada and did the transaction in their car, would They still have to go through a FFL since thevehicle is an extension of their home? Asking for a friend.

ozarkpugs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2018
    US Zanoni mo
    In Louisiana, an individual is able to sell a firearm to another individual without using an FFL. In Louisiana, you have the option of using an FFL if that better suits your needs. In Nevada, it appears it is now required by law to use an FFL .

Most of the people here have come out and stated they disagree with that law. Other people here seem to disagree with the people who disagree with the law because the people who disagree with the law are against freedom. Personally, I believe people should have the freedom to choose between using an FFL and not using an FFL rather than have their decision be dictated by law. Based on that, someone could argue that I am against freedom because I believe people should have the freedom to choose for themselves. But I'd bet that someone would argue with a rock rather than admit he didn't read and/or comprehend what someone else posted. I hope that clears things up. If it doesn't, just ignore the second paragraph or this reply.
    I think, if I read this correctly you are saying you disagree with the law . I kinda see the reason someone would say they have outlawed private sales because it makes it illegal for one individual to sale a gun to another without going through a third party and the government . So in that light I can see where someone would say the law still allows private sales but they are no longer private sales . If I sale a gun but go through a broker or auction house is it still a private sale? No matter how you slice it the law will not lower crime and wasn't meant to . Saying you think people should be able to choose whether they go through the FBI or not does not mean you are for forcing everyone to go through the background check no more than saying " I think people should be able to decide whether they own a gun or not " means you are anti gun . I think instead of saying the law makes private sales illegal we should say it infringes on our right to sell firearms privately .

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I think, if I read this correctly you are saying you disagree with the law . I kinda see the reason someone would say they have outlawed private sales because it makes it illegal for one individual to sale a gun to another without going through a third party and the government . So in that light I can see where someone would say the law still allows private sales but they are no longer private sales . If I sale a gun but go through a broker or auction house is it still a private sale? No matter how you slice it the law will not lower crime and wasn't meant to . Saying you think people should be able to choose whether they go through the FBI or not does not mean you are for forcing everyone to go through the background check no more than saying " I think people should be able to decide whether they own a gun or not " means you are anti gun . I think instead of saying the law makes private sales illegal we should say it infringes on our right to sell firearms privately .

I think the majority of the issue is semantics. Most everyone seems to agree the law is bad. And I see why you are saying what you said. My opinion is a private sale is one individual as the customer and another individual as the seller. A sale that is private (which can be called a private sale) occurs at your house and there does not have to be any paperwork submitted to the government and really no paperwork at all. From my perspective, if private sales were made illegal, an individual would only be able to buy a gun from a retail store and would only be able to sell it to a retail store. As I see it, private sales must now be public and a papertrail must be generated.

And I agree this will have no measurable effect on crime. Criminals will continue to not use an FFL when they sell a stolen gun. When I sold a pistol to my e-wife, I wanted a papertrail. I wanted the paperwork showing I relinquished possession of that pistol and she took possession of it. For my specific need at that time, I wanted the papertrail. When I sold a Sig 556, there was no FFL. I didn't need the official papertrail.

Expert684

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Lafayette
    If say transactions occur and you run them through an FFL, do you think they will also at some point collect taxes? It's a win/win situation (not for us). Track, monitor, regulate and tax the transactions.

ozarkpugs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2018
    US Zanoni mo
    I think you are on the same page and it's just a definition difference . Most of us feel if it can not be done in private and the government gets involved it is then a public sale .
    I think the majority of the issue is semantics. Most everyone seems to agree the law is bad. And I see why you are saying what you said. My opinion is a private sale is one individual as the customer and another individual as the seller. A sale that is private (which can be called a private sale) occurs at your house and there does not have to be any paperwork submitted to the government and really no paperwork at all. From my perspective, if private sales were made illegal, an individual would only be able to buy a gun from a retail store and would only be able to sell it to a retail store. As I see it, private sales must now be public and a papertrail must be generated.

And I agree this will have no measurable effect on crime. Criminals will continue to not use an FFL when they sell a stolen gun. When I sold a pistol to my e-wife, I wanted a papertrail. I wanted the paperwork showing I relinquished possession of that pistol and she took possession of it. For my specific need at that time, I wanted the papertrail. When I sold a Sig 556, there was no FFL. I didn't need the official papertrail.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I think you are on the same page and it's just a definition difference . Most of us feel if it can not be done in private and the government gets involved it is then a public sale .

I would like to agree with you but the common use of "private sale" seems to describe the buyer and seller rather than the physical location the sale took place or who witnesses the sale. A public sale generally refers to a sale open to the public.

A private sale is an unadvertised sale of property which is not open to the general public. A private sale is negotiated between a buyer and a seller directly. In a private sale brokers, agents and public notices are absent. The sale is made voluntarily between the parties.
    https://definitions.uslegal.com/p/private-sale/

private sale - a situation in which land, a house, etc. is sold directly to the buyer, rather than through an agent (= someone acting for the seller)
    https://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/dictionary/english/private-sale

Some states require background checks for private sales, usually through a licensed intermediary, but others have few to no regulations on private gun sales.
    https://consumer.findlaw.com/consumer-transactions/private-gun-sale-laws-by-state.html

private sale - an often unadvertised sale of property that is not open to the general public and does not take place at a set time or place
    https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/sale#legalDictionary

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Does the gun have to be entered into the log book? Will the serial number be ran to see if it’s stolen? If there is a delay and it’s logged in the book the shop has to keep possession till the transaction is given the ok or 3 days. All speculation because I’m guilty of not actually reading the law. I just wonder if it’s the same as using a FFL to transfer a gun in a state that doesn’t require it YET?

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom