Nevada Outlaws Private Gun Sales.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Nevada passed a law outlawing private gun sales which was signed by the Governor.
    Democrats at work.

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    Nevada did not criminalize gun sales or make private gun sales illegal. The governor signed a law that requires background checks for private sales. This is similar to what California does currently. I don't support what they are doing but just wanted to clarify whathappened.

If I misread the articles I saw online please post a link to the article saying that private gun sales were made illegal.

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    I’m confused. After January it will be illegal to privately sell a firearm. That sounds like they have criminalized the private sale of a firearm unless you follow another law that will do nothing to stop criminals. It’s another state chipping away at feeedom. I know there are some who will continue to compromise but only giving something up and never gaining something in return is not a compromise. Boiling frogs.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Nevada did not criminalize gun sales or make private gun sales illegal. The governor signed a law that requires background checks for private sales. This is similar to what California does currently. I don't support what they are doing but just wanted to clarify whathappened.

If I misread the articles I saw online please post a link to the article saying that private gun sales were made illegal.

Person to person gun sales in Free States Do Not Require an FFL. Can you do a background check without an FFL? Not very Private if an FFL is necessary.
    Another Communist move like California

How Dealer Gun Sales Work
    Once a person has selected the firearm they wish to purchase, the person will be given a Form 4473 to fill out. This form must be filled out exactly. Typos on this form account for the number one 'violation' of licensed dealers. A copy will be made of your Nevada ID and your concealed firearm permit (CCW) if you have one. If you have a valid permit, you are exempt from having a background check done, because if you were a prohibited person, your permit would have been confiscated by the sheriff.

The dealer then calls the Nevada Point-of-Contact (POC) managed by the Dept. of Public Safety. This is an in-state background check, with access to more local records, than the FBI NICS system. Both ultimately draw from the same pool of data maintained by the Dept. of Justice. The POC staffer will tell the dealer to proceed with the sale, to deny the sale (the buyer is a prohibited person), or that there is a delay.

Denial: The buyer is not permitted to own or purchase firearms--a prohibited person (see above). It is illegal for them to attempt to purchase a firearm.

Delay: This entails an up to three (3) day wait. The FBI expects most denials to be resolved within one (1) day usually. If a person has a clean record, a delay may be due to prohibited person having a similar name and the NICS examiner needs to conduct a more thorough search. A delay is not necessarily a disqualification. If a delay is not resolved in three (3) days, the firearm may be sold to the buyer.

Appeals in the case of denial/delay can be made.

Last edited:

#1bambam

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Oct 14, 2007
    The Nasty New Orleans.

You did not misread the article you just do not know what freedom is.

hoggin357

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Iowa,La.
    Last month Nevada became the eighth state to allow the sale of recreational pot to adults 21 and over.

When that happens,new laws go into place for firearms.Every state that has legalized has done so.Some worse than others,but all still created new gun laws

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    You did not misread the article you just do not know what freedom is.

Lighten up, Francis. He made a point there is some confusion as to what the law said and what it was reported the law said. And he has a point. Sales between two entities where neither of the entities are a retail business were not made illegal. That's one definition of a private sale. Another definition would be a sale that occurs without anyone else knowing about it. In Louisiana, private sales can use an FFL to create a paper trail and to protect the buyer and seller. That's what I did when I sold a handgun to my e-wife. Nevada just made that step mandatory.

Your reply seems to suggest you don't agree with his position. His position is he does not support the law.

#1bambam

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Oct 14, 2007
    The Nasty New Orleans.
    Lighten up, Francis. He made a point there is some confusion as to what the law said and what it was reported the law said. And he has a point. Sales between two entities where neither of the entities are a retail business were not made illegal. That's one definition of a private sale. Another definition would be a sale that occurs without anyone else knowing about it. In Louisiana, private sales can use an FFL to create a paper trail and to protect the buyer and seller. That's what I did when I sold a handgun to my e-wife. Nevada just made that step mandatory.

Your reply seems to suggest you don't agree with his position. His position is he does not support the law.
    My name is Ben and your reply seems to suggest that you like the new law and thats good for you but I enjoy the FREEDOM of selling a gun without the gooberment knowing about it.Also what is a e-wife?I only have a regular one.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    My name is Ben and your reply seems to suggest that you like the new law and thats good for you but I enjoy the FREEDOM of selling a gun without the gooberment knowing about it.Also what is a e-wife?I only have a regular one.

When someone lacks the mental capability to have a meaningful discussion, they will frequently try to deflect the conversation away from any real topic. They will try things like concentrating on a grammar mistake or a typo rather than addressing the substance of the message. Or they will give someone an opinion that the other person never expressed then judge them on the unsubstantiated opinion.

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    Nevada did not criminalize gun sales or make private gun sales illegal. The governor signed a law that requires background checks for private sales. This is similar to what California does currently. I don't support what they are doing but just wanted to clarify what happened.

I quoted, highlighted, made it larger and underlined the pertinent part of my previous post because apparently someone did not read the whole thing. I was just stating a clarification that they did not ban private gun sales but made a background check mandatory for them.

Thanks, Perez for pointing this out for me.

Last edited:

#1bambam

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Oct 14, 2007
    The Nasty New Orleans.
    When someone lacks the mental capability to have a meaningful discussion, they will frequently try to deflect the conversation away from any real topic. They will try things like concentrating on a grammar mistake or a typo rather than addressing the substance of the message. Or they will give someone an opinion that the other person never expressed then judge them on the unsubstantiated opinion.
    Nice quote.What book did you get it from because I know you did not think it up your self....Its written too well.LOL

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Nice quote.What book did you get it from because I know you did not think it up your self....Its written too well.LOL

Given your recent track record concerning things you seem to know, it's a pretty safe bet that I am actually the one that took existing concepts and phrased them in the well written manner you read. But you are welcome to prove me wrong and find the source of the quote. I suspect you will reply to attempt to save face by posting more logical fallacies but I doubt you will actually address anything of substance like the topic people are trying to discuss in this thread. Good luck.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I’m gonna take a stab at it, cause it’s just sitting out there...

I would think that a e-wife is something along the lines of them new e-cigarettes, like a wife, but a electronic version of a wife that does all the wifely duties and functions and hopefully don’t talk too much...
    I hear the Japanese have just about got all the bugs worked out. Like it would not be cool if she was just standing there washing the dishes and suddenly burst into flames, so....yeah.
    Good talk.

#1bambam

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Oct 14, 2007
    The Nasty New Orleans.

I would think that a e-wife is something along the lines of them new e-cigarettes, like a wife, but a electronic version of a wife that does all the wifely duties and functions and hopefully don’t talk too much...
    I hear the Japanese have just about got all the bugs worked out. Like it would not be cool if she was just standing there washing the dishes and suddenly burst into flames, so....yeah.
    Good talk.

LOL.For a guy that quotes so well his proof reading sucks.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA

Good talk.

I believe that feature started with the Gen 3's. I think I must have a Gen 1.

ozarkpugs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2018
    US Zanoni mo

Now y'all have me confused Is it required by law to fill out a state or federal form or go through a FFL dealer if the gun sale is between two private citizens who reside in La.? Is it required to fill out a state or Federal form or go through a FFL dealer if the gun sale is between two private citizens in Nevada ? Please advise me of what is considered legal .

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Now y'all have me confused Is it required by law to fill out a state or federal form or go through a FFL dealer if the gun sale is between two private citizens who reside in La.? Is it required to fill out a state or Federal form or go through a FFL dealer if the gun sale is between two private citizens in Nevada ? Please advise me of what is considered legal .

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

In Louisiana, an individual is able to sell a firearm to another individual without using an FFL. In Louisiana, you have the option of using an FFL if that better suits your needs. In Nevada, it appears it is now required by law to use an FFL .

Most of the people here have come out and stated they disagree with that law. Other people here seem to disagree with the people who disagree with the law because the people who disagree with the law are against freedom. Personally, I believe people should have the freedom to choose between using an FFL and not using an FFL rather than have their decision be dictated by law. Based on that, someone could argue that I am against freedom because I believe people should have the freedom to choose for themselves. But I'd bet that someone would argue with a rock rather than admit he didn't read and/or comprehend what someone else posted. I hope that clears things up. If it doesn't, just ignore the second paragraph or this reply.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LanceK
    Top Bottom