Fireamr Professionals of Louisiana

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Last night we had the thrid meeting of a group called The Firearm Professionals of Louisiana (fpofla.com). This is a grassroots group that is made up of folks from Louisiana in the firearm business. We are retailers, wholesalers, gunsmiths and instructors. We want to be able to go before our legislative folks as a group to stop any harmful bills and be more proactive. The NRA cannot do everything by it self, we must be there to help. It is better to go as a group and be able to show support for the legislators that are will to stand up with us.
    If anyone wants to help or knows of any gun shops, range owners/ gunsmiths or instructors that are will to help, have them go the web page and sign up. We need folks from all areas of the state to participate.
    We are stronger in numbers. Last year Mothers for Sensible Gun Laws had ~15 folks at the hearings and it showed in the votes. Our side had about ~25 people attend the hearings but we were not organized as a group. We hope to fix that for this year.
    Please go to the web site "fpofla.com" and sign up. We are in the fight of our life and need your help.

Thanks,

Bryan Guillory

Last edited:

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Thanks Brian. Looks like a great effort. I did a lot of politicking when I live in North Carolina and I'd definitely like to be more involved here. Already added my email address to the list.

Mike

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Forgot to mention that Rep. Sherman Mack the leader of Judiciary B Committee was there, along with Rep. Blake Miguez. All the gun bill go through Judiciary B before moving to the full House Floor. It would be a lot better to kill them there then to try to stop them on the House floor.

Bryan

N4sir

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    That's great for firearm professionals but how about something for all gun owners of Louisiana. In fact each state should have their own civilian gun group.

I'd propose something like "Louisiana Hunters and Civilian Firearm Owners Association". Each individual state of the U.S. could have their own such organization to stay on top of that state's gun bills and such. The more that fight anti gun legislation the better!

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Well then you can join The Louisiana Shooting Assoc. Look them up on the web. They just had their annual meeting at Cabelas the other day. Since you live in Metairie, you might want to look at the New Orleans Defense League as well. These two groups were at the capitol working on preserving your 2nd Amendment rights.

Bryan

Top Bottom