Mag pouch Change / Upgrade?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bryanbag

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Prairieville, LA
    I'm looking to change my single stack set up. Right now I running Black Scorpion Mag Pouches.
    I want to change the way the mag facing. Right now the bullets are facing forward, I want to change it to where they are facing outward. I know Double Alpha has the mag pouches i can set up to face outward.

I'm kinda hesitant on paying $35 for each mag pouch. I will if I have to. Was just hoping there was something similar to the Double alpha setup for a little cheaper.

Are there any other companies that make a pouch that is similar to the DA.

Here is the mag pouch I have now and this is what I want to switch to.

Attachments

• Black Scorpion.jpg
      Black Scorpion.jpg
      22.2 KB · Views: 84
    • Double Alpha.jpg
      Double Alpha.jpg
      23.7 KB · Views: 73

Blaize

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 6, 2016
    Saint amant
    Bryan I have those double alpha style and love them! Check amazon too, there were some *know offs* being sold a while back that were aluminum for I want to say around 20 bucks a piece. Maybe try eBay too. I just ponied up and bought the DAAs and like em a lot

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    I really need to get to work on my 3D printing. Those pouches from DA don't look like they would be that hard to print out.

FORman

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 3, 2012
    Lafayette LA
    I recently bought a back-up Ghost belt and pouches, because the Blade Tech quick disconnect holster hanger fits the Ghost belt, but not the thicker Double Alpha.

When I saw the Ghost pouches I didn't think I would like them as they were not near as well built as the Double Alpha, for magazine adjustment, they mount nice. After setting them up, I found they fit my mags perfectly for two different guns, where I can only get close on my Double Alpha pouches.

I haven't run them yet in a match. I don't expect them to hold up as well, but I think they will hold a variety of mags well, without adjustment. They come with two shells, one for bullets forward, and one for bullets out.

I made a mistake. I don't think Ghost makes a bullets out style in single stack.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    John1994
    Top Bottom