CWD Cure?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bmash

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2013
    Zachary, LA
    I saw a video on this yesterday but it says:
    "In the third year, he will design an oral or nasal vaccine to be administered to wild deer and elk."
    I don't see how that will get rid of the issue. Catch them all and vaccinate? Maybe they can develop something to feed or administer on a wide scale.

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    According to other articles I saw online by the actual guy from LSU the prion is a byproduct of the bacteria that they believe causes CWD. The original article was out sometime in 2017 and the guy came up with a way to grow the bacteria in a lab which would then allow other researchers to come up with ways to fight CWD as they can now test out cures on the lab grown bacteria. I think they is still a ways to go before there is a cure.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    This is certainly good news for LSU as well if it ends up being proven. Particularly if this doctor can quantify his hypothesis about the connection in humans.

Now as for the author of the article; I think he is foolish and reckless to only see a connection to the 2nd Amendment's existence with sport hunting. In fact, hunting to me at least, is far less about the 2nd Amendment than personal protection / defense of property and family, and protection from government tyranny. Granted, together along with sport shooting and self defense it is a cogent argument. That said, too many Americans are hung up on the importance of "their" chosen hobby / preference as being the only reason to support the 2nd. This author is that example. It wouldn't surprise me if he thought carrying a concealed weapon for self defense was senseless.

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    What I imagine will take place, this is a grant grab which was the same case as west nile in 03thru06 when they were sending lots of
    money for research.. I imagine this guy is wanting some funding like most researchers need and is vying for the money . Also, with the recent big permanent funding approved for conservation for national lands, I imagine there might be some money flagged for cwd there.

Here is why I think this.. If cwd was to be found curable, then it should have been found curable in beef long ago. there is very little money in wildlife research for health.. only management. also, cwd in beef is mad cow, in sheep its scrapie and in humans its Creutzfeldt-Jakob. all of which has big pharma and big ag and big business behind. just my blithering opinion based on lack of faith in humanity.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Deb Mev
    Top Bottom