Tactical pistol training

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stratowalt

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2017
    Maurice, LA
    Hey everyone,

I'm looking to take my first tactical pistol course, but I'm having trouble finding options in the southern part of Louisiana.

The 2 big names I've seen the most are VATA and Advantage Group. VATA doesn't train civilians anymore and Advantage group has only one session of their gunfighter courses listed and that's this weekend. I can't really tell my wife I'm leaving her with our 7 day old daughter for the weekend at the last minute. :D

I'm fairly comfortable with my foundation (safety, accuracy, etc) as a starting point, and I'm ready to take a serious class.

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    Advantage Group will run more classes than that, they just have to gather enough interest to add to the schedule.
    Don’t just look at online schedules, call and speak to any trainer in your area. Let them know what you are looking for. Private instruction is more expensive but will move at your pace rather than the pace of the slowest person in the class.

Edit to add:
    Do you have a ccw ?
    If not I’d definitely mention that to the instructors when you talk to them. If you are interested they most likely add the necessary instruction to a private class and kill two birds with one proverbial stone.

Last edited:

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I couldn't make the advantage group class this weekend either. I'm in for the next Saturday they offer it. Anyone else? Maybe we can convince them to run another sooner if we have enough people.

BDill

What's This For Again
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 28, 2016
    Destrehan, LA
    Check Phobos Solutions as well. They train at the NOLATAC range right next to Nola Motorsports.

big boo

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    Advantage Group with Nate Stokes and Chris Schiff is awesome, I've taken many courses with them and I'm never disappointed!

dwhess504

Broke Joke
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 7, 2011
    Ponchatoula, La
    I just finished my first Tactical Pistol class this weekend with Advantage Group in Robert. It was Super Fun, but most of all a great learning experience! Honestly I was nervous it would be some super skilled guys and I would look like an idiot. That's what really took me years to finally commit to attending a formal type of combatish training. Thankfully it was just a great group of people that, like me, wanted to invest in their pistol training. Dont get me wrong the instructor (Nate) will correct you and insure safety first at all times, but it didnt feel aggressive or as if anyone was being scalded. I left the weekend with a ton of knowledge that Im pumped to train upon

I am looking forward to attending every one of their events now that I know what to expect.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom