Insurance

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bmash

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2013
    Zachary, LA
    I have NRA gun insurance and at renewal I asked if the item (suppressor or optic) is covered if not attached to the firearm. Reply was "They are covered if attached to the firearm". As I often store suppressors and QD scopes (eg very expensive thermal scope) off the firearm that isn't good enough for me.
    So, what insurance do you guys use? If different any positive or negative experience?
    Thanks

swampfoxx

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2014
    Ponchatoula, LA
    Anyone ever collect on a NRA insurance claim? My son's PX4 was stolen out of his locked truck. NRA refused claim because window wasn't broken. Neither of us renewed this year.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Anyone ever collect on a NRA insurance claim? My son's PX4 was stolen out of his locked truck. NRA refused claim because window wasn't broken. Neither of us renewed this year.

Was the method of entry noted in the police report?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bmash

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2013
    Zachary, LA
    My research so far shows most don't use riders on home insurance and the two to consider are Eastern and Collectables insurance. I'm surprised I haven't seen more responses. I guess a lot of people just risk the loss.
    One of my biggest concerns is a thermal scope that I often use without the rifle.

swampfoxx

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2014
    Ponchatoula, LA
    Was the method of entry noted in the police report?

Unknown - Truck was always locked. Could have used a slim jim, or more likely, a code reader, because the alarm didn't go off. Suspect it was the dindus that lived across the driveway, but no way to prove it. He learned a valuable lesson about not leaving a gun in the car/truck.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Unknown - Truck was always locked. Could have used a slim jim, or more likely, a code reader, because the alarm didn't go off. Suspect it was the dindus that lived across the driveway, but no way to prove it. He learned a valuable lesson about not leaving a gun in the car/truck.

I was wondering what the police report said. Did they hint that it was unlocked in the report?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    My thoughts:
    The added protection for nothing is a nice option and I have seen a couple of people collect on claims. One fire and one theft.
    The NRA uses an under writer, much like many other companies or entities providing some type of insurance. Claims are processed and paid (or not) through the under writer. Other insurance companies refuse claims every day if they don’t meet the standards they’ve set forth.
    The NRA’s policy covers guns....
    My homeowners policy covers the contents of my home as long as I do my homework and have records up to date.

How much does a free NRA firearms insurance policy cost a member?

Last edited:
    Top Bottom