5 Year Old Making Steel Ring at 100 yards.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    What idiots they are. I hope that RV in the line of fire was/is not occupied. And to put that on the interwebs. That could be reckless endangerment.

Maybe you're the idiot. It's not a RV. Its an old deer stand shooting house that is no longer in use. There is also a 5' tall mound that you can't really see on top of the bank of the pit backed by about 500 acres of nothing.

Last edited:

AZ2VET

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 2, 2017
    Ponchatoula, La.
    After seeing the video here I went to YouTube and posted a comment: "Nice shooting. But is that a house or trailer thru the trees?" About an hour later I got a notification but it took me a while to get to look at it. The reply is stating that it is a deer stand that is no longer used and the rest as stated in the above post. But the reply did show as having been edited so there is no telling what the unedited version was. I did not comment further, but I do feel more and more people need to go back to school and a)re-take reading comprehension, b) overdosing on chill pills or my favorite c) drink a bottle of kaopectate to eliminate diarrhea of the mouth or fingers.

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    After seeing the video here I went to YouTube and posted a comment: "Nice shooting. But is that a house or trailer thru the trees?" About an hour later I got a notification but it took me a while to get to look at it. The reply is stating that it is a deer stand that is no longer used and the rest as stated in the above post. But the reply did show as having been edited so there is no telling what the unedited version was. I did not comment further, but I do feel more and more people need to go back to school and a)re-take reading comprehension, b) overdosing on chill pills or my favorite c) drink a bottle of kaopectate to eliminate diarrhea of the mouth or fingers.

The concern is understandable. Who don't enjoy good constructive criticism? I sure do. Some people are just rude for no reason when they don't have all the facts. Everyone should shoot safely

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    1ed79f2367de2f5b63fcdbaca5ae488d.jpg

Yup. Kid’s a good shot with iron sights and all. But the adult should have had some hands on in stead of just on his electronic device. The kid was struggling to cock the lever and cycle another round and then to handle the rifle with the hammer back and ready to fire. Hard to tell where his trigger finger was but I bet it was right back to the trigger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bmash

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2013
    Zachary, LA
    Looks pretty obvious to be a deer stand, but more importantly are those pink ear muffs!
    Nothing more fun than taking kids hunting and shooting!

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    1ed79f2367de2f5b63fcdbaca5ae488d.jpg

Yup. Kid’s a good shot with iron sights and all. But the adult should have had some hands on in stead of just on his electronic device. The kid was struggling to cock the lever and cycle another round and then to handle the rifle with the hammer back and ready to fire. Hard to tell where his trigger finger was but I bet it was right back to the trigger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Geeze guys. Tough crowd. He was not struggling to work the lever. He had a hot brass hit him a little bit earlier and didn't want to kick it out on him again. He has been shooting since even younger, first with bb guns, .22s and there was another adult right behind him also should he be needed. His finger does not go on the trigger till ready to fire. Gun stayed pointed in a safe direction at all times.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Geeze guys. Tough crowd. He was not struggling to work the lever. He had a hot brass hit him a little bit earlier and didn't want to kick it out on him again. He has been shooting since even younger, first with bb guns, .22s and there was another adult right behind him also should he be needed. His finger does not go on the trigger till ready to fire. Gun stayed pointed in a safe direction at all times.
    Sorry Bonney, I’m assuming that’s your vid. Was actually defending the vid, but the rifle handling I called what I saw. Just looked awkward. Big gun, small shooter.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Awesome shooting, I love taking my son shooting as well. Ignore the perfect highly trained, never done anything wrong crowd, they love to hear themselves bitch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    Sorry Bonney, I’m assuming that’s your vid. Was actually defending the vid, but the rifle handling I called what I saw. Just looked awkward. Big gun, small shooter.

The gun is definitely larger than he needs. He wanted to try it out though.

Specularius

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    N31 20, W92 14
    Maybe you're the idiot. It's not a RV. Its an old deer stand shooting house that is no longer in use. There is also a 5' tall mound that you can't really see on top of the bank of the pit backed by about 500 acres of nothing.

No I am not the idiot. I just call it as I see it. Anytime there is anything down range it causes concern. And anything that is put out there that the anti's can use against us is not a good thing. The image has the appearance of the back of a Holliday Rambler RV. I apologize if you were offended by my comment.

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    No I am not the idiot. I just call it as I see it. Anytime there is anything down range it causes concern. And anything that is put out there that the anti's can use against us is not a good thing. The image has the appearance of the back of a Holliday Rambler RV. I apologize if you were offended by my comment.

Called what you THOUGHT you seen.

No worries. It was mostly the delivery and not the concern. To call someone an idiot when you have no real idea. I know our backdrop is safe. We are shooting downward into a pit with 6 foot walls, with 5’ berm that’s not visible and 500 acres of woods behind that. It never crossed my mind that a 20 year old box stand that’s about to fall down would cause such a stir because of my knowledge of the spot.

I was just trying to post an actual shooting video instead of the day to day garbage we usually post and talk about here. I forgot that rather than enjoy a video of a 5 year old hitting a steel plate at 100 yards, the video would just be picked apart for mostly bogus reasons.

Last edited:

lane

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2017
    zachary, la.
    Called what you THOUGHT you seen.

No worries. It was mostly the delivery and not the concern. To call someone an idiot when you have no real idea. I know our backdrop is safe. We are shooting downward into a pit with 6 foot walls, with 5’ berm that’s not visible and 500 acres of woods behind that. It never crossed my mind that a 20 year old box stand that’s about to fall down would cause such a stir because of my knowledge of the spot.

I was just trying to post an actual shooting video instead of the day to day garbage we usually post and talk about here. I forgot that rather than enjoy a video of a 5 year old hitting a steel plate at 100 yards, the video would just be picked apart for mostly bogus reasons.

Amen!

Top Bottom