SOLD: Looking for Shooter Luger found one!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

sportsbud

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    NOLA
    Just looking for a run of the mill shooter Luger. Nothing fancy, nothing overpriced... Just one that likes the range. I may have a few things to trade (better you tell me what your looking for). If you have one for sale just send me a message...

Found one!

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I’ve got a decent collection and wanted a P-08 to just shoot as well. I bought a rearmored German in 9mm back in the 80’s for a decent price. Not all matching but it’s got some impressive markings overall. Bought a few Mauser and other commercial Lugers as well in 9mm and 30 Luger including an artillery and they were still priced decent. Last I checked the market everything P-08 was crazy high priced. I’d be surprised if you could touch a beat up plinker for less than $800.

AK shooter

Redneck with a gun!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Raceland
    Anything classic sells is 50% higher than a realistic price... But they are also Swiss ones. Swiss Lugers are more expensive. I have a lead on one local for about $800 unless someone here has one...

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

That's good you found one locally, post a few pics if you buy.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Anything classic sells is 50% higher than a realistic price... But they are also Swiss ones. Swiss Lugers are more expensive. I have a lead on one local for about $800 unless someone here has one...

If it’s operational and in any kind of decent shape you’d better grab it for that price. The cheapest re-armored P-08 I bought back in maybe 1990 cost me $450. By comparison, I bought a couple extremely nice German P-38 pistols around that time for about $200 each, and a Belgium Browning High Power for $350.

Also, there is a learning curve when shooting these pistols. They are sweet shooters but a little dangerous. Take your time and get to know the gun and take extra care when loaded. They were among the top for negligent discharges in their day. My paps told me he knew of more than one GI who either shot himself, nearly shot himself or shot someone else by mistake sneaking one back to the states post WWII.
    A lieutenant on his ship home inadvertently shot one of the cooks in the leg. That turn of events almost kept my grandfather from being able to smuggle his home. And I’d never have inherited it or my love for the pistols.

Last edited:

john17427

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Oct 23, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I’ve always thought the big bucket-like issue holster for the Luger was more about protecting the person carrying it than protecting the pistol itself.

sportsbud

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    NOLA
    I’ve always thought the big bucket-like issue holster for the Luger was more about protecting the person carrying it than protecting the pistol itself.
    During WW1 the Germans found the Luger to be incredibly picky about being clean... Their solution was not to to redesign the pistol but instead make a sealed holster.

Last edited:
    Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom