H.R. 1112 passes House

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    I agree. I feel the same way about the YouTube "celebrity" open carry idiots that make a spectacle of themselves at the local WalMart (and I don't oppose open carry in the least). There are fringes in any group that give everyone a bad name. Thankfully, those highly visible idiots tend to be few and far between.

The biology you're referring to is "assigned sex." Gender is much more complex than that. We (as a society) often conflate the two and have a strong proclivity to associate sex role stereotypes with a person's assigned sex, but it doesn't really make a lot of sense. Why should people be forced to act in a particular manner because they were born with XX or XY sex chromosomes?

That's sexuality, not gender.

Your decision to consume alcohol is one you make willingly and (hopefully) with a rational mind. You know the consequences, and you (hopefully) surround yourself with people that won't let you do anything stupid. Which doesn't really have any bearing on someone exploring their gender identity ... whether they decide to do it because they're young and in college and prone to the latest Twitter fads, or because they're genuinely conflicted about how they want to express their gender ... what's the harm? And if "he" really wants to be called "she" ... doesn't matter in the least to me.

Again, we agree 100%. Weaponizing "offense" is an affront to free speech, and I'll support nothing of the sort. I do think it's better when we treat each other with respect, but that's not something I'd ever want to try to legislate.

I want to be very clear as to what I’m discussing. Transgender and being poly-gendered is a delusional state of mind. No less delusional than me thinking I’m bulletproof. I believe at the root of the illness are self worth issues which will not be resolved by perusing these behaviors. There are no fringes of this group because the movement in itself is a fringe element.

I do believe people can truly be homosexual or bisexual but there is a large portion of those guys and gals who suffer from self worth issues as well. Some are based on the false notions that boys are supposed to do this, and girls are supposed to do that. There are biological gender roles, but Barbies, easy bake ovens, and footballs are silly social norms. Their behavior is usually what tells off on them. Your preference in sexual partners doesn’t cause you to have a higher or lower pitched voice or talk with a lisp. And it definitely doesn’t affect you choice in wardrobe (not discussing cross dressing at the moment), how you walk, what policies you believe. Additionally the hobbies you prefer don’t determine sexual preference. If you are a fan of South Park watch the episode about the non-conformist-conformists. It is probably the best example I know of. If you need more information on that episode I will look it up and let you know.

If you have a gender identity issue, I hope my words are not found to be too rough. They come from a good place and despite what the loudmouth media and left have to say it’s the truth. You are born with a biologically determined gender. To quote the left *the science is settled*.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    rynola
    Top Bottom