SOLD: Got some!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Need a couple of bowling balls by Thursday. I’ve already asked at the local bowling alley and no luck. Hoping somebody has one or 4 they wanna see gone and get a few bucks or some ammo for them. Please let me hear from you soon. Thanks!

Last edited:

N4sir

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    You might try calling or even stopping by a few bowling alleys to see if they have any that are being trashed. A little grease goes a long way sometimes. ;) They may give them to you or sell cheap. Also garage sales are a good place to find no longer used bowling balls.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I’ve looked in a few goodwill stores. Checked the local bowling alley. Haven’t tried
    Craigslist so I may try there. Just didn’t plan ahead this year.
    There’s a sizable group of us that go on a 3-4 day campout every year where our range is a cliff overlooking a big sandbar across a shallow river. We set out targets from 30-100 yards....lots of targets. Steel, clays, golf balls, paintballs on golf tees, bowling balls...cans of starting fluid. Got tracers?
    Anything reactive is great. We’ve been known to have up to 30 of us (not simultaneously) shooting so we try to bring a lot to shoot at, make a big spread and call a cease fire a couple times a day to freshen things up. Bowling balls are low maintenance and usually last a while.

Last edited:

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    I’ve looked in a few goodwill stores. Checked the local bowling alley. Haven’t tried
    Craigslist so I may try there. Just didn’t plan ahead this year.
    There’s a sizable group of us that go on a 3-4 day campout every year where our range is a cliff overlooking a big sandbar across a shallow river. We set out targets from 30-100 yards....lots of targets. Steel, clays, golf balls, paintballs on golf tees, bowling balls...cans of starting fluid. Got tracers?
    Anything reactive is great. We’ve been known to have up to 30 of us (not simultaneously) shooting so we try to bring a lot to shoot at, make a big spread and call a cease fire a couple times a day to freshen things up. Bowling balls are low maintenance and usually last a while.

Damn it! I was hoping for a cannon ball shoot!!

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I like to go to the dollar store and pick up the little green army men to shoot at.

But if you shoot that often and with that many people it may be worth while to ask every one to pitch in and buy some pop up targets.

I have 308 tracers btw

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I like to go to the dollar store and pick up the little green army men to shoot at.

But if you shoot that often and with that many people it may be worth while to ask every one to pitch in and buy some pop up targets.

I have 308 tracers btw
    We usually bring stuff we don’t worry about reclaiming. We only do this once a year. It’s a sand bar that goes under water during some parts of the year as well so sometimes things are there the next year and sometimes they aren’t. That being said, if we ever tried to reclaim the lead from that sand we’d never be able to carry it outa there.

Last edited:
    Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Apple cider vinegarOTR
    Top Bottom