Truck gun?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bonephish

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 11, 2016
    Slidell, LA
    I have a Taurus 605 .357 that lives in my truck. But I was thinking if I had to shoot that gun while inside my truck my ears would be damaged forever. Should I carry muffs, buy a suppressor for a 9mm? What are your thoughts about hearing protection?

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Just load it with 38 special if you are worried about the 357 bursting your ear drums. I would assume you are worried because it’s 357 (I guess you could be trolling), not sure how much better off your ears are with 38. You know you could always use an sbr in .223/5.56.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    I have never had to shoot at anybody... pulled it out before.. but after a lot of years of hunting all kinds of animals I can say this... even hunting with ar's with muzzle brakes, pistol hunting, rifle hunting ect I have NEVER EVER felt the recoil even magnum guns, and deff have never heard the shot afterwards... even dumping an ar10 on a mess of hogs... just my thoughts

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    my idea of a truck gun are the following

cz scorpion w/ brace
    ar pistol w/ brace

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      282.5 KB · Views: 117
    • pistols.jpg
      pistols.jpg
      138.1 KB · Views: 130
    • image.jpg
      image.jpg
      279.1 KB · Views: 131

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    A guy I used to work with shot my 9mm truck gun inside my truck playing with it. This was while I was in the warehouse. Wow just wow! Let's just say I almost never had to yall at him. Almost
    Just shoot whoever ya need to and worry about the how good ya hear later. There will be no time to do otherwise.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    I have a Taurus 605 .357 that lives in my truck. But I was thinking if I had to shoot that gun while inside my truck my ears would be damaged forever. Should I carry muffs, buy a suppressor for a 9mm? What are your thoughts about hearing protection?

Sounds like to me you need to make a test run,You know fire off a few rounds inside the truck with no hearing protection what-so-ever.

ozarkpugs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2018
    US Zanoni mo
    My smart elec answer would be don't give anyone a ride you might have to shoot but I'm assuming you are referring to a carjacking situation . As others have said , putting on earphones might cause a problem as far as claiming self defense , seriously if you have time and state of mind to put them on why didn't you drive away . I know ,you were jammed between 2 cars in a drive through ,carjackers don't normally jack cars that are blocked by other cars . The answer is in the odds ,odds are the .357 loads will cause more ear damage and discomfort than .38 spc but odds are the .357 will give you a little more chance of stopping the bad guy before he stops you . Hearing aids are cheaper than caskets .

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    My wife carries Full-Wad Cutters in a 5 shot 38. She likes that gun but can shoot it well.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    My smart elec answer would be don't give anyone a ride you might have to shoot but I'm assuming you are referring to a carjacking situation . As others have said , putting on earphones might cause a problem as far as claiming self defense , seriously if you have time and state of mind to put them on why didn't you drive away . I know ,you were jammed between 2 cars in a drive through ,carjackers don't normally jack cars that are blocked by other cars . The answer is in the odds ,odds are the .357 loads will cause more ear damage and discomfort than .38 spc but odds are the .357 will give you a little more chance of stopping the bad guy before he stops you . Hearing aids are cheaper than caskets .

Have you priced hearing-aids? They are quite expensive. But partial hearing loss definitely trumps worm food.

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Don’t forget to also put your $199 tacticool shooting glasses along with the newest hi-tech shooting muffs before pulling the trigger. Most people that have a weapon in their car for protection keeps it where it would be absolutely no use to them in a critical situation. Glove box, under seat, in console etc... have it readily available and deal with the situation. Later you can make an appointment with a ENT or eye doc. ;)

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Any time I am awake I am armed. When sleeping my pistols are within reach.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Is there any wonder why people look down on gun owners? This is a topic about carrying ear muffs in your vehicle in case you have to shoot someone. You can’t make this **** up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area

Maxim 9 AOW, FTW. 33rd mag and hearing safe:mamoru:

29790892_1239437552859974_3911782073579628148_n.jpg

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    hmmmm maybe that's why so many "hip-hoppers" are wearing them beats ear muffs in the car, maybe they not listen to music they might be about to do a drive by....:mamoru:

ozarkpugs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2018
    US Zanoni mo
    Lol. When I was typing my previous comment I was thinking " if they looked in my truck right now they would call me a hypothetical nut job " . I keep electronic ear muffs a range finder ,a small bag with an extra 6.8 mag, pocket multi tool ,a single point bungee sling 750 lum light in my truck console . No I'm not a Rambo or want to be operator ,I literally live in the woods and I often encounter 4 legged Varmints on my daily drives around the property . I will take time to put muffs on for them but they don't have a habit of stabbing or shooting .
    Is there any wonder why people look down on gun owners? This is a topic about carrying ear muffs in your vehicle in case you have to shoot someone. You can’t make this **** up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LanceK
    Top Bottom