Truck gun?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    Just load it with 38 special if you are worried about the 357 bursting your ear drums. I would assume you are worried because it’s 357 (I guess you could be trolling), not sure how much better off your ears are with 38. You know you could always use an sbr in .223/5.56.

LOL

What's in my truck?

My Ear Pro live in my truck. Impact Sports Electronic.

There's a Chrono Chronograph under my passenger seat, and a tripod right behind the seat.

There's a tarp behind the seats to catch brass. One of those small free ones from Harbor Freight.

My nut picker is back there, for the brass that strays from the tarp.

There's an empty shotgun shell in my ashtray, and assorted brass rolling around in both the cab, and the bed.

What you won't find in my truck, is a firearm.

On the odd chance that I have to secure a firearm in my vehicle, at say a courthouse, post office, or bordello, I use a quality large padlock under the seat through the frame.

I never leave a firearm in my vehicle overnight.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Love Master Ken!

Just a thought... I know some ammo has more muzzle flash than others. Is there a difference in muzzle blast also? I would think there would be but I don't recall testing of such. (maybe check out the silencer forums?) I would think barrel length would also play a part in that. Finding an ammo / gun combo that makes less noise would be worthwhile for both vehicle use and indoor use. Anybody have a sound meter and a range we can use?

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Since your vehicle is an extension of your home, why do we call them *truck guns*? They are home defense guns. Next we will be calling them boat guns, car guns, bike guns, camper guns....

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Since your vehicle is an extension of your home, why do we call them *truck guns*? They are home defense guns. Next we will be calling them boat guns, car guns, bike guns, camper guns....

Of course I have truck guns, boat guns, camper guns, bike guns! Sometimes you need an excuse to buy another gun..... honey, look what I bought! It's for the camper.... you don't want to go camping without a gun, right?

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride

The truck gun is the one you leave in your truck at night for them to steal and go rob a Circle K with

ozarkpugs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2018
    US Zanoni mo
    Terminology matters - purpose matters , boat gun may mean stainless steel and have capability to shoot shot shells ( snake gun , Taurus judge) A cc gun has to be small enough to conceal on a person but a truck gun can be larger and hold more rounds of ammo as it is not going to be concealed on the person . Truck / car/ boat guns should be tough enough to take shaking and bouncing around behind the seat and still be dependable . Most of the farmers in my area have truck guns that are high-powered rifles with scopes for the occasional coyote or armadillo , farmers in other areas may feel the need for a higher capacity gun with a red dot for protection from smugglers/ illegals. If your job or clothing requires you to carry a tiny gun a larger frame or possibly larger caliber gun easily accessible in the vehicle may be your truck/ car gun . One instance of a car gun was a famous gun fight ,(somewhere in Florida I think ) the agents involved were issued .38 round nose or something like that . One of the agents very wisely had a large caliber gun in the car ,too bad it was not secured properly because when he reached for it the violent jarring of the car had dislodged it and it wasn't there . Some say a truck gun is one you don't mind getting stolen ,I would not own a gun and definitely would not trust my life to a gun I don't mind loosing . They are all family .
    Of course I have truck guns, boat guns, camper guns, bike guns! Sometimes you need an excuse to buy another gun..... honey, look what I bought! It's for the camper.... you don't want to go camping without a gun, right?

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    I think the joke was lost in my post. Nobody caught the extension of your home bit. We all know the only acceptable truck, boat, car, bike..etc gun is a Glock 19 Gen3. Never rust, no fingerprints, shoot underwater, pass through metal detectors undetected and NEVER malfunction..EVER. I have one for sale LNIB $750 only 50 rounds through it. Won’t last long.

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    Just make sure the muzzle fully contacts the perp before firing. Body mass will absorb all of the sound, leaving you capable of listening for the next problem...

I don't own a truck, but thankfully I do have a gen 3 19 waiting to be put to use if I happen to buy a truck. Being prepared is all about the future, and the past and the present too, sometimes.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Just make sure the muzzle fully contacts the perp before firing. Body mass will absorb all of the sound, leaving you capable of listening for the next problem...

I don't own a truck, but thankfully I do have a gen 3 19 waiting to be put to use if I happen to buy a truck. Being prepared is all about the future, and the past and the present too, sometimes.

Well,There you go! Honey I have the truck gun,Can I buy a truck now?

El Rubio

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Ponchatoula

Not so much with a revolver. Sounds like you need a "gun truck", but that's a different topic I suppose.

Bonephish

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 11, 2016
    Slidell, LA
    We all know the only acceptable truck, boat, car, bike..etc gun is a Glock 19 Gen3. Never rust, no fingerprints, shoot underwater, pass through metal detectors undetected and NEVER malfunction..EVER. I have one for sale LNIB $750 only 50 rounds through it. Won’t last long.

I have one of those but not my "truck gun" and I'll sell it for $700.
    hbnr7ukokhdrqj1effod.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom