It Took Two Months and Nearly a Million Dollars to Save an Unvaccinated 6-Year-Old

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    2 of my kids had extreme adverse reactions to flu shots. My adult sister did too that same year. Why is everyone so quick to blame parents who choose not to vaccinate for the resurgence of third world diseases? Could it be third world illegals bringing the diseases into the country? If my unvaccinated kid gets sick i promise to keep them home so your vaccinated kid doesnt. Wait, if yours is vaccinated....

The flu shot is not comparable to vaccines that prevent diseases that historically wreaked havoc on humanity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    To those of you who have brought up Big Pharma, this is the wrong fight!
    They do have quite a racket going with legalized heron, but that is another discussion

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    The Flu Shot go as me a light case of the Flu. But it is still better than the real deal.
    This as stated is not a Flu Shotwe,are seeing an all time high of things here that were once gone in The USA Due to an influx of persons who are bringing it here.
    And we,are footing the bill to help them too.

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    An uncle of mine died from measles in his childhood in the 1930's.

As a child of the 1960's, I contracted mumps, chicken pox, pneumonia, and both types of measles over the years. There was a 24 hour period along the way when I was in Isolation at Touro Hospital and the doctors told my parents that they didn't know whether I would live or die. Thankfully, I was vaccinated against polio and small pox, so I never got those.

Needless to say, when I had kids of my own, I made sure that they were vaccinated right on the recommended schedule. Everything was fine until the youngest, in early 1996 when she got a "new" MMR vaccine. I watched her physically change in a matter of seconds from a happy baby into a sullen one - and not just the, "Ouch I got a shot!" crying reaction.

She was a different person. She still is, at age 23. She has had intense learning disabilities, speech issues, vision issues, is not quite autistic, but is socially withdrawn because she can tell that she's not like other people, including her siblings.

Add stories like that to the stories from the UN/WHO contraceptives-in-the-vaccine scandals from Kenya that were exposed by the Catholic bishops there recently, and I can easily understand why some parents are reluctant to trust the modern vaccinations.

You have to judge it for yourself and respect the decisions that others make for their kids. The only kids who will get sick from not being vaccinated are the ones who aren't vaccinated.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Let's assume for a moment the parents didn't get their kid vaccinated because they don't trust big pharma. When their kid was on the verge of death, who did they turn to to save their kid? Oh yeah, the big pharma they don't trust. Big pharma made more money from the sick kid than they did from a vaccinated kid. Providing vaccines costs big pharma potential revenue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Wait what’s the odds of tettinus exposure to shots given?

By that logic I should adhere blindly to the sticker in my windshield that tells me to change my oil after 3,000 miles when Ford says every 10,000. The mechanic shops know statistically speaking fear of motor failure drive people to throw out perfectly good oil.

Just like changing your oil every 3k isn’t a bad idea for engine health getting statistically unnecessary shots isn’t bad for your overall health but it keeps the shot a viable source of revenue. Imagine if people only ever got the tettinus booster when they needed it. The shot would probably be nearly as expensive as snake anti-venom.

Last edited:

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Wait, you mean there isn’t microchips in the flu vaccine?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Likely not but there is something in it that makes me feel like warmed over death. The flu vaccine is about as useful as watching the weather anyways. Oddly enough both make me wish I had just ignored them. Many employers are giving the flu shot to all willing employees and penalizing any unwilling employees who get the flu. For people like me who get sick after every flu vaccination it’s pretty draconian.

As for the tettinus shot I haven’t gotten a booster in several years I just try to avoid contact between my bloodstream and rusty stuff. Seems to work pretty well. No doubt if I get a good cut from something nasty I’m getting a booster.

The MMR has a 1:4 chance of adverse reaction in toddlers. Both of my children had excessive fever and many doctors have begun to break the shot sequence up more on the early years vaccines to make it less harsh on the child. People should make their own minds up when it comes to shots. I would suggest getting the early vaccines and booster are a fairly safe and smart choice.

Last edited:

Troedoff

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Prairieville
    I don't consider the flu shot a necessary vaccine. Vaccines against endemic illnesses such as Polio, Mumps, Smallpox, Measles, Tetanus, Rubella etc. Have been proven to work for almost 100 years. The flu has shown marked resilience to any vaccine created for it. It is a rapidly evolving virus, unlike some of the previous ones listed which were serious problems, until the late 60's, when vaccines almost completely wiped them out.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    The Flu Shot go as me a light case of the Flu. But it is still better than the real deal.
    This as stated is not a Flu Shotwe,are seeing an all time high of things here that were once gone in The USA Due to an influx of persons who are bringing it here.
    And we,are footing the bill to help them too.

No doubt but in 34 years I have had the real flu once and the fake/flu-shot-flu at least a dozen. When my oldest was born I broke with my I hate the flu shot position and found myself in bed for the next three days. Oddly enough the flu got me last year and I was in bed four days.

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I don't consider the flu shot a necessary vaccine. Vaccines against endemic illnesses such as Polio, Mumps, Smallpox, Measles, Tetanus, Rubella etc. Have been proven to work for almost 100 years. The flu has shown marked resilience to any vaccine created for it. It is a rapidly evolving virus, unlike some of the previous ones listed which were serious problems, until the late 60's, when vaccines almost completely wiped them out.

Exactly.

I'm glad I got vaccinated. When people talk about the "good old days" they usually aren't reminiscing about the joys of contracting polio and (if you were lucky) just being crippled for life.

Mike

ozarkpugs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2018
    US Zanoni mo
    A lot of kids never get vaccinations and have no problems , maybe the reason they stayed healthy was the majority of the kids around them had been vaccinated which kept the non vaccinated from being exposed . Two close to home experiences .I had an uncle who was tearing a bathroom out in his home in Rosepine back in the '80s and stepped on a nail . Long story short he was in a comma ,on life support and not expected to live several times then months of physical therapy and speech therapy . The closest he got to home for over a year was a nursing home in S'port . Around the same time my best friend's youngest son came down ill ,he was being seen by a renowned pediatrician but slipped into a coma and died of . Test showed he Meningitis . My friend just assumed the family pediatrician had given all the vaccines needed . The funeral service started out with hundreds of people singing happy birthday to Kyle . We buried him on his 13th birthday . Don't just assume the proper vaccines have been administered ask for a list of them.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

Old School

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    DTR
    All of my children were vaccinated and still had chicken pox. Guess they don’t always work.

ozarkpugs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2018
    US Zanoni mo
    A lot of kids never get vaccinations and have no problems , maybe the reason they stayed healthy was the majority of the kids around them had been vaccinated which kept the non vaccinated from being exposed . Two close to home experiences .I had an uncle who was tearing a bathroom out in his home in Rosepine back in the '80s and stepped on a nail . Long story short he was in a comma ,on life support and not expected to live several times then months of physical therapy and speech therapy . The closest he got to home for over a year was a nursing home in S'port . Around the same time my best friend's youngest son came down ill ,he was being seen by a renowned pediatrician but slipped into a coma and died of Meningitis . My friend just assumed the family pediatrician had given him all the vaccines needed . The funeral service started out with hundreds of people singing happy birthday to Kyle .it was one of the largest and saddest funerals in S'port history We buried him on his 13th birthday . Don't just assume the proper vaccines have been administered ask for a list of them.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    The MMR has a 1:4 chance of adverse reaction in toddlers. Both of my children had excessive fever and many doctors have begun to break the shot sequence up more on the early years vaccines to make it less harsh on the child. People should make their own minds up when it comes to shots. I would suggest getting the early vaccines and booster are a fairly safe and smart choice.

Yes, they should. Unfortunately, a lot of people aren't. A lot of people are letting others make up their mind and aren't actually looking into it for themselves. As more and more people decide their cousin's best friend's half-sister has information that slipped past all of the scientists conducting years and years of research, the kids who never got vaccinated will grow and they won't have the shield of vaccinated kids to protect them.

A lot of kids never get vaccinations and have no problems , maybe the reason they stayed healthy was the majority of the kids around them had been vaccinated which kept the non vaccinated from being exposed.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    All of my children were vaccinated and still had chicken pox. Guess they don’t always work.

It happens. I can't imagine there will ever be anything that works 100% of the time in 100% of the population. There will always be exceptions to the rule, outliers that don't fit the expected outcome. The question becomes what is the tolerance for outliers? If it doesn't work 100% of the time in 100% of the people, should it be abandoned?

That question is being asked in general rather than being directed specifically at you.

Troedoff

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Prairieville

They did not get Smallpox, or Polio, or Mumps, or Measles though. Chicken pox is small potatoes by comparison to smallpox. Some people really do not know the luxuries you have. If chicken pox was all your child contracted count your blessings. I would hate to see the comments if people now had to endure many of the hardships people did as little as 70 years ago.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Yes, they should. Unfortunately, a lot of people aren't. A lot of people are letting others make up their mind and aren't actually looking into it for themselves. As more and more people decide their cousin's best friend's half-sister has information that slipped past all of the scientists conducting years and years of research, the kids who never got vaccinated will grow and they won't have the shield of vaccinated kids to protect them.

While I agree the incoherent twice removed accounts of people without a clue are dangerous, but there are some smart people out there saying their is a risk of prolonged adverse side effects when it comes to the early shots. We were concerned with our first child and I remember talking for quite a while with a long time friend who happens to be a published pediatrican who specializes in immune deficiencies, and my wife and I came to the conclusion that the shots had much lower risk of long term complications than not getting them.

Old School

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    DTR
    They did not get Smallpox, or Polio, or Mumps, or Measles though. Chicken pox is small potatoes by comparison to smallpox. Some people really do not know the luxuries you have. If chicken pox was all your child contracted count your blessings. I would hate to see the comments if people now had to endure many of the hardships people did as little as 70 years ago.

I’m not complaining. Just stating a fact. I know nothing is 100%. I do count my blessings. I have 3 healthy wonderful children. Chicken pox was very common when I was a kid

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    The bottom line is life has inherent risk, and every decision we make lowers a risk in some areas while increasing risk in others. We should make our own decisions with the best information available to us, and be cautious of trusting the loudest and extreme arguments as generally speaking they are playing on our fears.

Last edited:

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    I have a very very healty never ever sick vaccinated Autistic Son.
    Did you see that we have tons of cost to vaccinate and quarantine illegals. Think the number is over 2000 now. Laura Ingraham started reporting this say a year ago that they were bringing in things that were lo g gone in the 48 states many many years ago.
    Like her show and she is not bad either.

Top Bottom