Greater New Orleans gun shops

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • moe24

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    I usually buy my guns from a shop called dessiles in houma La when I'm out that way for work,but I live in new Orleans..reason I buy from dessiles is because he works out deals/negotiating/haggling or whatever u wanna call it..
    But I'll be back home Monday and I plan on visiting gretna gun works,pugalas(spell check)..does gretna gun works and pugalas work out deals or do they only sell MSRP plus tax?
    I might stop at Jefferson gunoutlet but not sure if I'll buy anything unless they have something I want that's on sale..I did buy a pistol from then a couple years ago and I was literally short $3 on a $800 gun and they didnt let me slide so i had to drive 20mins back home to get the $3,to make matters worse,that same gun was being sold for $650 online 2 weeks later but that's my fault for not researching and making a rush purchase. but if they have something that catches my eyes I might still buy it.

What other gunstores or pawnshops do we have in the greater NOLA area (kenner,metairie,westbank,new Orleans) besides the ones I mentioned?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Airline gun and pawn can have a decent selection but a little high priced.

Shop owners know if their prices are high as giraffe nuts. They are hoping to get a fresh fish on the line that don’t know any better. It doesn’t hurt to make a out the door offer. You have a 50-50 chance. Make a reasonable offer of course. Never know you might get a killer deal. Good luck.

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    Gretna Gun
    ShootWise
    Bayou Dragon
    Meplat Group
    St. Bernard Indoor Shooting Center

I just bought a gun from 1 of the local. Paid a decent price, got to see and handle probably a dozen other guns. Plus the knowledge of the staff has value.
    Initially I was told by someone I could have gotten it for $30 less. Not even worth it. I had a great experience and respect that it was worth a few extra dollars for the level of service and expertise.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I've never had any luck at Airline gun or Gretna Gunworks.

Nick's in Garyville and Shooter's Club on David Dr. have been good for me.

Barry J

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Thibodaux
    If a shop can "work out a deal" on a gun, that means their prices are too high to start with. If I owned a gun shop, or any kind of shop, I would price my stuff at a reasonable profit and that would be the price. Wish they would do that with vehicles. Can't go to WalMart and haggle on a price for drawers.

moe24

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Gretna Gun
    ShootWise
    Bayou Dragon
    Meplat Group
    St. Bernard Indoor Shooting Center

I just bought a gun from 1 of the local. Paid a decent price, got to see and handle probably a dozen other guns. Plus the knowledge of the staff has value.
    Initially I was told by someone I could have gotten it for $30 less. Not even worth it. I had a great experience and respect that it was worth a few extra dollars for the level of service and expertise.
    Shootwise is cool I brought from them and they work with ya. But they dont have a big selection...same with bayou dragon,you'll luck up and find some nice stuff for cheap like they had a used fn five7 in there for $850 and he said hell let it go for $800 out the door..
    Is meplat group located in hanrahan?is this the same place where he only does appointments?

moe24

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    If a shop can "work out a deal" on a gun, that means their prices are too high to start with. If I owned a gun shop, or any kind of shop, I would price my stuff at a reasonable profit and that would be the price. Wish they would do that with vehicles. Can't go to WalMart and haggle on a price for drawers.
    Well that's the problem the prices on some of the stuff I've seen in gretna gun work and Jefferson outlet are usually priced at or above MSRP. I'm just looking for a fair deal..exp when i was shopping for a five7,both shops had one in stock but I think they where asking $1,399.99 plus tax..I ended up getting mines from dessiles for $1250 out the door no tax.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    If you are comparing brick and mortar stores to online prices, you're gonna be upset. They have a building and employees to pay for, and hence have "fixed expenses" built into the pricing b/c they are going to sell a limited number of guns. A lot of vendors online (buds gun shop, grab a gun, etc) are volume dealers, and barely make anything on the guns but make up for it in the sheer number of guns they push out the door. I've been to grab a gun and it's not a gun store at all. Literally an office space with guns, no sales men, zero displays etc, you can come there to pick up your gun if you're local to them (in TX).

Gretna gun has nicer guys/service since they are under new owners, the jefferson gun guys are nice also and they have the largest selection in the NOLA area, but neither are going to be "online deal" prices.

If it's a five7 you want, and you've handled one and know you want it, best is search online and send it to your FFL of choice. But if you don't patronize local gun stores from time to time, we aren't going to have any in the future.

103M 95G

Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Apr 6, 2009
    Westbank
    Go to Gretna Gun works,Inside is a hippie biker looking dude whose name starts with ''R''

Probably has a 12'' black beard by now and looks like a Hobo from under an overpass.

Whisper in his ear ''Pew,Pew,Pew I'm a 22, That's the code for a discount,Gud Luck!

I'll have to give that a try, :naughty:

sportsbud

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    NOLA
    If you want deals I find the Slidell shops are chock full of them. Got a Glenfield model 75 with sling for $60

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Is he the Hippy/Hobo looking dude?

You mean the guy that looks like this?

694940094001_5561095446001_-Diesel-Brothers--star-Heavy-D-talks-Mormon-past.jpg

Lol, he's a really cool guy to deal with.

BOSS302

Pain is temporary
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    SELA
    I havent been to Gretna gun since it's changed ownership, I go to Barneys occasionally, and I avoid shooters and jefferson gun like the plague. If I need something that I can't find on the classifieds here, I go see Kenny at Meplat group. He's a great guy to deal with

moe24

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Go to Gretna Gun works,Inside is a hippie biker looking dude whose name starts with ''R''

Probably has a 12'' black beard by now and looks like a Hobo from under an overpass.

Whisper in his ear ''Pew,Pew,Pew I'm a 22, That's the code for a discount,Gud Luck!
    Hahah alright I'll try that..hope I dont get shot..

Also btw I wasnt bad mouthing gretna gun works ..they have a nice collection of guns

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom