Greater New Orleans gun shops

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glock17

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jun 28, 2013
    Gretna/New Orleans
    Kenny from Meplat Group is your one stop shop! He has or can get anything your heart desires. He also has things you never knew you needed.

Meplat Group
    504-556-2000

moe24

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    If you are comparing brick and mortar stores to online prices, you're gonna be upset. They have a building and employees to pay for, and hence have "fixed expenses" built into the pricing b/c they are going to sell a limited number of guns. A lot of vendors online (buds gun shop, grab a gun, etc) are volume dealers, and barely make anything on the guns but make up for it in the sheer number of guns they push out the door. I've been to grab a gun and it's not a gun store at all. Literally an office space with guns, no sales men, zero displays etc, you can come there to pick up your gun if you're local to them (in TX).

Gretna gun has nicer guys/service since they are under new owners, the jefferson gun guys are nice also and they have the largest selection in the NOLA area, but neither are going to be "online deal" prices.

If it's a five7 you want, and you've handled one and know you want it, best is search online and send it to your FFL of choice. But if you don't patronize local gun stores from time to time, we aren't going to have any in the future.
    I own a brick and motor store and I do just find competing with online prices,it was hard at first but I've had to adjust which is something I see alot of gunstores Not doing.
    Mom and pop stores can deff compete with online stores but they dont.
    Some of these shops would let a $1400 sale walk out the door all because they refused to knock off $50..$50 isnt nothing and the customer and owner knows that so make ya customer happy because he will deff be back to buy some of that ammo,accessories,backup sites etc...that's sitting on the shelf...

Also I did end up buying the 5.7 from a shop in houma La called dessiles,I also brought 5 boxes of fn ammo at $30 a box..
    Now I could of brought it from online for maybe $100 cheaper but no,he worked with me and didnt charge me full MSRP plus all the taxes so I supported him..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

moe24

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    If you want deals I find the Slidell shops are chock full of them. Got a Glenfield model 75 with sling for $60

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk
    What's some names of gun dealers in slidell if u dont mind listing them...I searched online for "gunstores in slidell" and i didnt get many results..
    I do notice that shops that are outside of new Orleans have way better prices than shops in the city tho..

moe24

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    I havent been to Gretna gun since it's changed ownership, I go to Barneys occasionally, and I avoid shooters and jefferson gun like the plague. If I need something that I can't find on the classifieds here, I go see Kenny at Meplat group. He's a great guy to deal with
    What's your experience with Jefferson gun and shooters club?..also where is Barneys located at?

moe24

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Kenny from Meplat Group is your one stop shop! He has or can get anything your heart desires. He also has things you never knew you needed.

Meplat Group
    504-556-2000
    I'll check them out this week sometime..I just remembered that I contacted them a while back on I think it was Instagram and they seemed like cool people

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    Hahah alright I'll try that..hope I dont get shot..

Also btw I wasnt bad mouthing gretna gun works ..they have a nice collection of guns

I coulda bad mouthed it a few years back . .

The "Museum" portion is no longer there. I have to admit it was kid of cool to see.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    I never had any problems with Jefferson Gun. They do have to deal with a Ton Of A-Holes so maybe you were their right after they had a fair share. Everyone has a bad day.
    I have been there as well and had then treated one guy very nice and someone who was an idiot like he was an idiot.
    Not that you are. But I fully understand how ya can be on a roll.
    One of our members here works there. Maybe try and deal with him?

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Go to Gretna Gun works,Inside is a hippie biker looking dude whose name starts with ''R''

Probably has a 12'' black beard by now and looks like a Hobo from under an overpass.

Whisper in his ear ''Pew,Pew,Pew I'm a 22, That's the code for a discount,Gud Luck!

Lmao! You guys are so sweet. Yall betta come see me! Ima treat dem bayoushootaz right.

I work with people all the time. Gotta make some money to stay in the game.

Last edited:

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Almost be worth a group road trip. If not maybe. I will go on my own and wear my Bayou Shooter Hat. Walk in and say PEW PEW PEW! I AM A,22.
    And see what the staff does. Bet they say look another friend of Ryans

sportsbud

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    NOLA
    In Slidell the shops are Bayou pawn, American pawn and gun, gold and guns, and several more. Just put an unmolested 1917 Remington Mosin M91 on layaway in Slidell today. As well as a very nice Plainfield M1 carbine. Both great prices but caught me in between paydays.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Almost be worth a group road trip. If not maybe. I will go on my own and wear my Bayou Shooter Hat. Walk in and say PEW PEW PEW! I AM A,22.
    And see what the staff does. Bet they say look another friend of Ryans

Well since your cool and everything and we want you in the loop, Go to Youtube and type in pew,pew,pew I'm a 22

Don't tell the others on here what you just saw!

lol..............

BOSS302

Pain is temporary
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    SELA
    What's your experience with Jefferson gun and shooters club?..also where is Barneys located at?

Overpriced is all. Barneys police supply on on the i10 service road in metairie.

moe24

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Lmao! You guys are so sweet. Yall betta come see me! Ima treat dem bayoushootaz right.

I work with people all the time. Gotta make some money to stay in the game.
    Yall have good customer service I don't want u to think I'm trying to bad mouth yall lol..I understand you have to make money to keep the lights on. I'm just being cheap and looking around for the best deals. Im sure you're not but don't take it personal ;-)

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Yall have good customer service I don't want u to think I'm trying to bad mouth yall lol..I understand you have to make money to keep the lights on. I'm just being cheap and looking around for the best deals. Im sure you're not but don't take it personal ;-)

I never would take it personal! Hell I still buy stuff online. Many times its cheaper than dealer especially after taxes.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    The pew pew pew it's a 22 video is a,normal one for Ryan you should see the ones he post late at night we deleted in the past.

moe24

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    I went to barneys today and they where pretty much sold out of everything because all the Leo's who put in that overtime during mardi grass and those tax return checks..that's what he said. I might check him out again later on In the future...then I went to Pugllas,same they didnt have much...I'm gona take a ride out to B.R area and visit a few shops out there...

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom