Greater New Orleans gun shops

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NolaRick

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2019
    NOLA
    The one weapon I've purchased from Jefferson Gun, a Diamondback DB10 (my first AR), was sold to me $110 over MSRP (my fault for not checking) and worse yet, was dirty from being fired. The only time Jefferson Gun staff have been pleasant to deal with was when I bought that DB10 for over $1100. The other two times I went there with the intention of purchasing a new handgun, the store was empty but the clerks seemed irritated that I had questions about a few weapons. I'm kind of new to gun ownership but those dudes were just kind of jerky and made me feel foolish for asking questions. Didn't help their cause that their prices were about 30% higher than I'd seen anywhere else.

I had a similarly irritating experience when I used their firing range. The kid that checked me in was in a rush despite the fact that I was the only one there. The range kid used the word sir at the end of every sentence, but not in a respectful way. I'm not much inclined to go there again.

Look, I get that I'm the FNG to the site, but since the OP was asking, I figured I'd chime in. I've had good experiences at Shooters Club and Airline Pawn though.

moe24

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Went to cabalas today and brought this model66-2. To my surprise,i DID NOT know cabalas works deals..it was $499 and when i asked him if that was the best he can do,he said he Will take anothr $30 off which brought the grand total to $510 out the door.
    This thing looks like it hasnt been shoot alot..anyways im pretty happy with my first revolver..also my wife got me a brand new hudson h9 for my birthday..

Also "gun_gobbler) is my Instagram name
    d41cf023caaf5913aa9521c72460c2b0.jpg
    29944884c864ee6a57e68748bcc75bf8.jpg
    6a80b3b1f5ed36f44a4607e921887e51.jpg
    c0df32ae3a2ef1e5dda33f8c514fc29d.jpg
    729945c55b5c05e409c17d496b0d75c7.jpg
    d317b0a8e3f70bcfb56eab9da0f9c3ba.jpg
    c7506581cacbb82114fefb102a15d180.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Last edited:

moe24

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    The one weapon I've purchased from Jefferson Gun, a Diamondback DB10 (my first AR), was sold to me $110 over MSRP (my fault for not checking) and worse yet, was dirty from being fired. The only time Jefferson Gun staff have been pleasant to deal with was when I bought that DB10 for over $1100. The other two times I went there with the intention of purchasing a new handgun, the store was empty but the clerks seemed irritated that I had questions about a few weapons. I'm kind of new to gun ownership but those dudes were just kind of jerky and made me feel foolish for asking questions. Didn't help their cause that their prices were about 30% higher than I'd seen anywhere else.

I had a similarly irritating experience when I used their firing range. The kid that checked me in was in a rush despite the fact that I was the only one there. The range kid used the word sir at the end of every sentence, but not in a respectful way. I'm not much inclined to go there again.

Look, I get that I'm the FNG to the site, but since the OP was asking, I figured I'd chime in. I've had good experiences at Shooters Club and Airline Pawn though.
    I also brought a db10 pistol that was priced more than retail..this was the gun that was priced 100-150 over msrp and i was short $3 on and they wouldn't let it slide..i was so stupid and i should have just left but instead i went banl home (30 round trip)so i can get the dang 3..they have a nice collection but they gotta start haggling if they want to compete with online sales

penak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2019
    LA
    Tagged, this seems like a very interesting thread
    o.png

Last edited:

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Went to cabalas today and brought this model66-2. To my surprise,i DID NOT know cabalas works put feaka..it was $499 amd when i asked him if that was the best he can do,he said he Will take anothr $30 off which brought the grand total to $510 out the door.
    This thing looks like it hasnt been shoot alot..anyways im pretty happy with my first revolver..also my wife got me a brand new hudson h9 for my birthday..

Also "gun_gobbler) is my Instagram name
    d41cf023caaf5913aa9521c72460c2b0.jpg
    29944884c864ee6a57e68748bcc75bf8.jpg
    6a80b3b1f5ed36f44a4607e921887e51.jpg
    c0df32ae3a2ef1e5dda33f8c514fc29d.jpg
    729945c55b5c05e409c17d496b0d75c7.jpg
    d317b0a8e3f70bcfb56eab9da0f9c3ba.jpg
    c7506581cacbb82114fefb102a15d180.jpg

Dang moe 510.00 for an old beat up 66 with skid marks? Dang I don't want you taking a beating when you go to resale it.
    So I'll make you an offer of 237.29 if you want to unload that truck gun soon?

lol..........

Blaize

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 6, 2016
    Saint amant
    Stopped by Shootwise today, had an older gentleman and a younger guy in there, nice people, and nice place. Good inventory good prices and very clean professional looking place.

I bought some reloading components at a discount, nice doing business there I’ll be back!

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Official! "Pew pew its a 22." Ear whisper discount on all in store merch for all BS members.

5% off all in store merch. You will also have to whisper your BS handle for official validation.

Discount valid until I get fired for it OR we go out of business from grown men constantly whispering in other men's ears. Which ever comes first. Speak in the closest employees ear for the most expedited discount.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Official! "Pew pew its a 22." Ear whisper discount on all in store merch for all BS members.

5% off all in store merch. You will also have to whisper your BS handle for official validation.

Discount valid until I get fired for it OR we go out of business from grown men constantly whispering in other men's ears. Which ever comes first. Speak in the closest employees ear for the most expedited discount.

Might be worth a drive there. Will bring a cold 12 Pack of YooHoo Walk in and say PEW Pew I'm, 22. Here's a, YooHoo.
    Gotta,earn the guys trust. And let them know I am a normal kind of guy.

Last edited:

moe24

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dang moe 510.00 for an old beat up 66 with skid marks? Dang I don't want you taking a beating when you go to resale it.
    So I'll make you an offer of 237.29 if you want to unload that truck gun soon?

lol..........
    Hahah the pictures make it look bad but in person it looks way better

moe24

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Stopped by Shootwise today, had an older gentleman and a younger guy in there, nice people, and nice place. Good inventory good prices and very clean professional looking place.

I bought some reloading components at a discount, nice doing business there I’ll be back!
    Yea they usually have nice stuff and cool people..i brought a lifecard22 from them not long ago..just brought it cause i thought it looked cool..shot it twice and now its thrown in the back of my safe like the rest of my guns i buy lol..i think i might stop over there before i go to work..i dont think ill be able to stop at gretna gun works cause i have to be at work at 10am amd they open at 10am..i wont have the time.
    c97ca23d42394ab9e03614794cdaae9c.jpg
    5d4d9cb930c24e1c26681cb76ba33274.jpg
    a20991ad85b58c028df8124edf047dd9.jpg

MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson

Hahaha! This is awesome! Also, I'll probably really do this if I ever make it over there. I will fully understand if I am politely asked to leave...

MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson
    Might be worth a drive there. Will bring a cold 12 Pack of YooHoo Walk in and say PEW Pew I'm, 22. Here's a, YooHoo.
    Gotta,earn the guys trust. And let them know I am a normal kind of guy.

We should carpool. I'll drive if you really bring cold YooHoos. Nothing says "Hi, I'm totally normal" like whispering into a grown man's ear and offering him a cold chocolate treat.

moe24

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0

Lmao i just saw this..dont think ill be able to make it since i go in for work at 10am-8pm..but if i do get a day off, i will be coming over

103M 95G

Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Apr 6, 2009
    Westbank
    Gentlemen, I just left Gretna Gun and the Discount code "Pew, Pew, Pew I'm a .22" works
    I was taken care of,
    Good people.

Gunner106

Enthusiast
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 4, 2019
    New Orleans
    Yeah Jefferson does beat you over the head on lots of new stuff. But every now and then you can find a decent deal on some of the used inventory. That’s all I ever really go to check out there.

Puglia’s has a nice choice of firearms. They deal mostly in retail for what i’ve seen. Haven’t purchased anything there yet and the guys there kinda keep to themselves. Still feeling that place out.

Airline pawn doesn’t have much of a huge collection, but they do have some interesting pieces. And the shopkeeper there is pretty cool to talk to.

I enjoy shootwise, the guys there are pretty interactive with the clientele, the younger gent always updates me on what’s new or what’s going on in store and asks how they can do better. Small collection, but good experience. Good looking out guys on that insider coupon code definitely have to use it when I ship back to the mainland.

Gretna Gunworks doesn’t have enough revolvers for my taste, lol but other than that, I haven’t spent much time in there. From what I remember they do have a pretty decent selection.

Nicks is usually my go to range, shop is very small and has a selection to match but Nick is great guy to talk to. If you’re close, sometimes it’s worth popping your head in and finding some solid deals on a couple boxes of ammo.

Good to see people throwing places out there I haven’t been to yet, would be awesome to get back and see what I can come across!

-Greetings from the Pacific!
    7:11 PM Tuesday.

Last edited:

Top Kek

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    nola
    jefferson gun outlet's prices used to be in line but they've gradually gone up. whatever, its a local b&m and they still can sell them.

i've had a few transfers go through there. one without a problem.

the 2nd was delivered, they could not confirm it was delivered nor did they take the time until after i actually managed to speak to USPS local branch that had the delivery and was told by the postmaster it was in fact delivered (weird thing, it was a sunday delivery around holiday, was monday when i got around to calling them.) they didn't take the time to look until i called them and told them the seller had been notified, the delivery had been confirmed by the USPS. they found it, "under a stack of ammo."

few months later, another transfer. wasn't delivered. told them about the ordeal before, couple mins of looking, miraculously found.

i'll never deal with them for a transfer again. i've done multiple at puglias since with zero issue. they are stellar, call you the same day with no policy of "no same day pickups" like jefferson and most importantly they have accountability with items that are delivered and signed for by them.

i've liked shooting at SBIC since, they're also cheaper than the jefferson setup with better hours.

i might give jefferson a try in the future, they have a decent selection but my memory will need to fade first. hopefully they'll ditch the gaudy gold 1911 grips they had in their rack the last time i was there. just seems like they began to provide fast food in store purchases to one time buyers at inflated prices rather than build a customer base or keep whatever base they had.

geoney

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 1, 2011
    Lake Charles
    St Bernard range seems to have decent prices and the guys that work there are pretty cool and not your average LGS types. They don't keep a huge inventory of guns, but almost everything is a two day ship. Seem like knowledgeable and friendly guys. Think their transfers are also the cheapest. 20.00 for non-members and 10.00 for members. Believe it is the same for NFA stuff too.

- - - Updated - - -

Yea they usually have nice stuff and cool people..i brought a lifecard22 from them not long ago..just brought it cause i thought it looked cool..shot it twice and now its thrown in the back of my safe like the rest of my guns i buy lol..i think i might stop over there before i go to work..i dont think ill be able to stop at gretna gun works cause i have to be at work at 10am amd they open at 10am..i wont have the time.

man, I want one of them lifecards just because. LOL

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Man, I forgot about this thread never did go to GGW with or without a,12 pack

Top Bottom