Join BayouShooter For Free
Brass

Marksman

User Info Menu

Antique Custom Gun Cabinet / Gun Case & Dresser. 1870-1880? New Orleans

Lowering asking price.. See below...

This gun cabinet belonged to my father, who converted it from an antique armoire into an amazing custom gun case in the early-seventies. The armoire itself was made in New Orleans by McCracken and Brewster Furniture Co. in the mid-to-late 1800's, probably 1870-1880. The wood is walnut.

Here is some info on McCracken and Brewster: https://www.hnoc.org/virtual/goods-e...liam-mccracken

Dad collected primarily military pieces, most notably civil war-era long-arms and hand guns. Long-arms stood in each of the 11 "butt-places" in the base, with barrels fit into the barrel rests attached to the inside back of the cabinet. Handguns were "skewered" on appropriately-sized dowels or brass rods run vertically on each side of the back of the cabinet. Bayonets were hung on bayonet mounts, also on the inside-back of the cabinet.

Without a doubt, it is a unique piece. It will require re-lining and refinishing, as well a a couple of minor repairs. My father significantly re-engineered this beautiful piece of furniture, which will display anyone's collection in style.

The gun cabinet has a matching dresser of the same era, but it will also require refinishing and minor repair. I thkink the dresser may be black walnut.

I'd take $800 for the pair, $600 for the gun cabinet/armoire and $250 for the dresser. feel free to make an offer.

Have a look at the photos and reach out to me with questions.

Thanks for stopping by :-)

Pics of the walnut dresser

Last edited by No1UKnow; May 6th, 2019 at 10:15 AM. Reason: Added maker; changed date

Marksman

User Info Menu

bump

Marksman

User Info Menu

bump

Marksman

User Info Menu

bump

Marksman

User Info Menu

bump