Sandy hook victims alllowed to sue Remington.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    You CAN sue just about anyone for just about anything. Probably more of a nuisance and publicity lawsuit, unless they have some big twist to it. Although, if it's a political judge, it may get passed around a bit.

From the Wiki (Snopes agrees):

The Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act (PLCAA) is a United States law which protects firearms manufacturers and dealers from being held liable when crimes have been committed with their products. However, both manufacturers and dealers can still be held liable for damages resulting from defective products, breach of contract, criminal misconduct, and other actions for which they are directly responsible in much the same manner that any U.S.-based manufacturer of consumer products is held responsible.

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Toyota for my speeding ticket? This will cause another warning to be printed on the gun. “Do not murder”. Oh wait that would be religious so they will have to use other lawyer verbiage.

Last edited:

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Toyota for my speeding ticket? This will cause another warning to be printed on the gun. *Do not murder*. Oh wait that would be religious so they will have to use other lawyer verbiage.

Yeah legalese is a cancer just like political correctness and polit-a-speek. I spend way too much of my life reading contracts and legislation. What happened to saying what you mean?

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    Actually, the only part of the lawsuit that the judge allowed to go through was one for malicious advertising saying that they marketed the rifles to people based on their ability to kill rapidly or some stupid **** like that. I hope that they throw this out or the sandyhook people lose in court. If they lose in court it will set precedent and hopefulyl this won't happen again. This lawsuit seems like they threw everything they could think of at them and just wanted to see what stuck. I am betting that they lawyers are being bankrolled by someone with cash becasuse they are not working pro-bono for these people and I don't think they would have taken it on spec like they do for PI cases. I think someone is looking to make a precendent and I hope our side wins and whoever is bankrolling the SandyHook people loses so they can't try this crap again.

Tboy

Moving forward
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Greenwell Springs
    Hey,Let one of those texting drivers hit me!

I'm going after the phone company provider and the phone manufacture!!!

I'll end up owning 1/2 of Japan and or AT&T or Verizon or etc.....

Perfect example of the assaninery of the situation.

Maybe let someone shoot you in the foot while texting...

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    They should sue the school and whoever made it a Gun Free Zone. That put them in danger and made them a target

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    This suit is justified. Rich trustfund kids are not supposed to die. Someone has to pay for this and it must be someone with deep pockets.
    Poor and middle class children are the ones who are supposed to die. Something must be done if it happens to rich kids in Connecticut and Florida.

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Since more people are killed with hammers than rifles,
    when is somebody gonna sue Stanley?

The Vegas shooter used a little yellow Stanley hammer to break out the two huge windows before doing the gubments dirty work. Nobody was hit by falling glass. Maybe all the victims families should sue Stanley

Forgotten

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 30, 2016
    Lafayette, LA
    The rabbit hole goes much further. They can sue the hotel for offing a room with a view, sue the bank for allowing him to spend money on the room via credit card. Hell sue the company that makes the plastic used to make credit cards...

If we could just get to the bottom of this evil we could stop it for good. (Sarcastic laughter)

Top Bottom