Man Notices Signs of Break-in, Realizes 900-Pound Safe Did All the Work for Him.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigsk

Iconoclast
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Usually, when break-ins go wrong, there’s a homeowner with a gun who scares off the invaders. This case was different, according to Marion, Indiana, police. Instead of the burglar getting the safe, the safe got the burglar.

On March 12, Marion homeowner George Hollingsworth saw that the door frame to his garage had been damaged, according to a Marion police statement.

Hollingsworth did not see anything obviously wrong but decided that since the garage was more than a little cluttered, he would give it a good going-over the next day to see if something was missing. Underneath an antique, 900-pound floor safe that had been on floor jacks, Hollingsworth found the body of a dead man.

Fire crews eventually lifted the safe off the corpse, whom police later identified as Jeremiah A. Disney, 28, of Marion.

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    I call BS on this one. I think he came home and found that dirtbag still kicking and gasping under that safe and decided to wait till the next day to make sure he was DED dead. No need for EMS to save that fool.

Paintball

Long live the 10mm
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2010
    Denham Springs, Louisiana
    q8ilpp192gl4m0jh3xit.jpg

Last edited:

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    I call BS on this one. I think he came home and found that dirtbag still kicking and gasping under that safe and decided to wait till the next day to make sure he was DED dead. No need for EMS to save that fool.

Yeah I feel pretty confident the guy looked around the day of the incident. If a story doesn’t make sense it’s likely not true.

Trailboss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Norwood LA
    Sounds like the fault of the safe manufacturer. I hope his relatives sue the company into the stone age!:dogkeke:

His relatives will sue the homeowner for having an unsafe safe behind a locked door. They'll say the homeowner should have had better locks. Jeremiah was a good boy who never done noffin wrong.

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    His relatives will sue the homeowner for having an unsafe safe behind a locked door. They'll say the homeowner should have had better locks. Jeremiah was a good boy who never done noffin wrong.

Yep, I am sure the news media is desperately trying to find a picture of him during his 1st communion or something like that. How did he get under the safe? They safe was on jacks? Was it being moved or? The story does sound a bit fishy, but as usual the media does a crap job at reporting the news.

Top Bottom