Streamlight TLR-1 HL or Surefire m300?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    I am setting up my rifle and I have a Streamlight TLR-1 with the long gun kit, and I have a Surefire m300 Mini Scout with pressure switch/button...

Both provide comparable brightness I am looking for... The Streamlight is a little more "low-profile"... however the tape switch is only momentary (which can be compensated with the physical on/off switch on the unit) where the Surefire has an on/off button along with the momentary however it more bulky on the platform.

Thoughts? Experiences? Additional Pro's/Con's?

(Please note that I am asking with regards to these two lights specifically... this isn't a thread to discuss everyone's choices of the light they use/love/hate)

Last edited:

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    I like my streamlights. I have a tlr1s on a 7.5" ar. Great customer service and not super expensive compared to Surefire.

This light has my interest also. No wires to worry about.

https://clouddefensive.com/optimized-weapon-light/

Nice cloud defense reference... Great concept and idea! Looks a little bulky though.

My reason for asking here is because I already have both... I just don't know which one to use. I too am a fan of streamlights because of the quality and they don't have the mark-up like Surefire just because they are contracted to or a preference of the military.

Thanks for the feedback! I was actually impressed with the long gun kit for the pistol light.... it works great!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Deb Mev
    Top Bottom