Social Media

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Which Social Media platform do you use?

• Facebook

Votes: 24 40.0%
    • Instagram

Votes: 9 15.0%
    • Twitter

Votes: 6 10.0%
    • Snapchat

Votes: 3 5.0%
    • Other

Votes: 2 3.3%
    • NONE

Votes: 36 60.0%

• Total voters

MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson
    Just curious really to see what social media outlets other BS members use. I am no longer on any, and gun forums such as Bayou Shooter have become my "social media." I'm about to be 35, so I'm old enough to have had a MySpace page a million years ago and I'm even old enough to remember "The Dilly" although I never had an account myself. I divorced and deleted the Facebook about 3-4 years ago and haven't looked back since. One of the best decisions I've ever made! I also had an Instagram for a couple of years, but have also deleted that. Never had a Twitter or a Snapthingy or anything else. Is anyone else like me and sort of anti-social media these days? I'm sure we have some old timers on here who have never had any social media accounts. That's awesome. I honestly feel that my quality of life has improved IMMENSELY since severing the ties with social media platforms. I'd love to hear what y'all have to say. Also, do you consider sites like Bayou Shooter, LA Sportsman, and other similar forums a form of social media?

Thanks,

Stephen NoSocialMedia WhoDat

Tboy

Moving forward
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Greenwell Springs
    None. Got tired of the belly aching friends and family members. And the fact that fb was tracking everything everybody does all the time... there’s that too.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I have an account with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat. I use Twitter to add to my chances for the monthly Aero Precision giveaway. Facebook is not real life. I have friends on there I haven't talked to in year and I have family who aren't friends on there. I don't post often, maybe once a week or two. Sometimes once a month. I use it to follow a couple of groups who don't have a presence anywhere else. I also use all of them for work to help find people and/or establish connections. And I figured I was already being tracked by Google, I may as well let Facebook join in on the fun. But I think I've used the "login with Facebook" option on one site. Everywhere else that has that option I create an account with my email address.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Never had any of those. I’ve always hated the idea. I was encouraged to get on Pinterest for ideas about guns, and hunting and stuff like that. But I quickly realized that it was a giant time suck that never provided useful information, so I deleted the crap. I only get on here and post stuff because I’m a grouchy old man who feels people should have to suffer through what in consider wisdom. :dogkeke:

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    Just Facebook and I rarely use it. And I unfollowed probably half my friends list on it.

And yes, I think this site is social media.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I mean...I am a social butterfly and all...

You forgot LinkedIn. I'm always on there.

tbone

Threadender
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I use Facebook all the time. I have relatives in Scotland, Montana, Florida, Texas, Wisconsin, Ohio, Colorado and other places that I woiuldn't know a thing about without it. It provides a way to keep in touch. I don't post much except to comment on their life events.
    I also created 2 Groups for former Marine A-6 squadrons that I served in and provided a place for all former squadron members to stay in touch, plan reunions and post pictures and stories about their time in those units from Chu Lai to Desert Storm.

Last edited:

herohog

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Shreveport, LA

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Never did no space book or any of that. Couple gun and motorbike forums is plenty for me. I also have strict rules with extended family/friends that are on Facebook etc about not posting anything to do with me or my family....just because.
    I’ve never felt that anyone I don’t know needs to even know I exist.
    Don’t even ask me about the DNA/family tree testing...

MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson
    I use Facebook all the time. I have relatives in Scotland, Montana, Florida, Texas, Wisconsin, Ohio, Colorado and other places that I woiuldn't know a thing about without it. It provides a way to keep in touch. I don't post much except to comment on their life events.
    I also created 2 Groups for former Marine A-6 squadrons that I served in and provided a place for all former squadron members to stay in touch, plan reunions and post pictures and stories about their time in those units from Chu Lai to Desert Storm.

In your case, I think Facebook is a great way to stay connected with people. Thank you for your service.

Top Bottom