Man my teeth itch!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Ok I have kids and I don’t do cable or satellite. We’ve been almost exclusively Netflix and Amazon for years. I mean bought a computer and wireless keyboard for my big screen before Roku. Ok I’m rambling let me try to get back up on the road. I struggle finding shows that will remotely keep my interest that is small child friendly. So with great skepticism hoping I may see some cool secret squirrel man caves, I turn on a Nat.Geo. show called Doomsday Preppers?:doh:

It wasn’t profane or vulgar in any way, but almost instantly I began to feel dumber. They apparently have some “experts” who score the preparedness of the individual families. But the piece de resistance was this Doffus dressed up with his two wives in Ghillie suits paddling a flat boat down the river. Oh I almost forgot this guy would put on his ghillie suit and try to sneak into the house as an attempt to teach his bevy of bottled blonds to protect the house I think. Anyways by the time I finally gave up I was all but rooting for the apocalypse. Y’all there are truly some dumb turds out there.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Ok I have kids and I don’t do cable or satellite. We’ve been almost exclusively Netflix and Amazon for years. I mean bought a computer and wireless keyboard for my big screen before Roku. Ok I’m rambling let me try to get back up on the road. I struggle finding shows that will remotely keep my interest that is small child friendly. So with great skepticism hoping I may see some cool secret squirrel man caves, I turn on a Nat.Geo. show called Doomsday Preppers?:doh:

It wasn’t profane or vulgar in any way, but almost instantly I began to feel dumber. They apparently have some *experts* who score the preparedness of the individual families. But the piece de resistance was this Doffus dressed up with his two wives in Ghillie suits paddling a flat boat down the river. Oh I almost forgot this guy would put on his ghillie suit and try to sneak into the house as an attempt to teach his bevy of bottled blonds to protect the house I think. Anyways by the time I finally gave up I was all but rooting for the apocalypse. Y’all there are truly some dumb turds out there.

Never ever watch this I'msuchadumdassi want tobeonnationaltv since the producers find the most useful idiots to make preppers look like borderline psychos!

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Never ever watch this I'msuchadumdassi want tobeonnationaltv since the producers find the most useful idiots to make preppers look like borderline psychos!

Interesting take I hadn’t considered a covert effort to film morons and wackos. It’s definitely covert or at a minimum semi-covert, because the narration wasn’t at all skeptical. Either way it was a waste of brain cells.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Interesting take I hadn’t considered a covert effort to film morons and wackos. It’s definitely covert or at a minimum semi-covert, because the narration wasn’t at all skeptical. Either way it was a waste of brain cells.

Sure thing, This show searches "prepper" sites advertising for show participants.
    Any true pepper maintains operational security.

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    I remember one segment on one episode that seemed pretty good, guy had nice property with multiple water options, multiple power options, multiple transport options (even an old truck with a conversion to burn wood gas! I'd never heard of that wizardry before!), varied food sources, just good redundancy all around, and I don't recall him indicating some "tinfoil" fear of a mega disaster, just highlighted good general preparedness and self-sufficiency. Just about all of the rest were either too focused on one obsessive prep (ex. canning, in glass, stacked floor to ceiling in the basement, when her stated disaster fear was, you guessed it, the California super quake!), too focused on one particular disaster (the ash clouds from the Yellowstone super volcano causing loss of light, resultant famine and unrest, and being stuck at work when that goes down so you have to knife-fight through the ghetto on your way home on foot), or just plain bonkers (convinced a Phillipine bride to move to the US and marry him, then dropped on her that they were going to abandon the city and move in a Winnebago to an unimproved property out in the sticks). I liked the premise of the show, but it went of the rails QUICK!

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    I remember one segment on one episode that seemed pretty good, guy had nice property with multiple water options, multiple power options, multiple transport options (even an old truck with a conversion to burn wood gas! I'd never heard of that wizardry before!), varied food sources, just good redundancy all around, and I don't recall him indicating some "tinfoil" fear of a mega disaster, just highlighted good general preparedness and self-sufficiency. Just about all of the rest were either too focused on one obsessive prep (ex. canning, in glass, stacked floor to ceiling in the basement, when her stated disaster fear was, you guessed it, the California super quake!), too focused on one particular disaster (the ash clouds from the Yellowstone super volcano causing loss of light, resultant famine and unrest, and being stuck at work when that goes down so you have to knife-fight through the ghetto on your way home on foot), or just plain bonkers (convinced a Phillipine bride to move to the US and marry him, then dropped on her that they were going to abandon the city and move in a Winnebago to an unimproved property out in the sticks). I liked the premise of the show, but it went of the rails QUICK!

Man talk about bait and switch. Merry me I’ll get you out of a third world country. Oh by the way we are going completely of grid and live in a place half the size of your hut back home.

J.Ellis

One for the road
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    Madisonville,LA
    Someone was arrested on that show. In one episode it was a felon showing off his guns and saying how his plan was to rob his neighbors of there stuff for a dooms day.

Want to see the definition of dumb butt look up that guy.

I Never followed the show but would watch it when I noticed it was on, had the time.

I just remember liking all the excuses why they would *doomsday prepare*. And thought it was funny how some people were *preparing* for specific events like solar flares, mega volcanos, meteors, EMP and ect.

It is best to be prepared for anything and everything not just specific situations.

Top Bottom