Dear God, now Missouri...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    So, this is how it will happen. State by state...
    And now the ‘Show Me’ state falls in with a major whacko infringement of their residents 2nd Amendment rights proposed, (ok, the jig is up. Missouri’s proposals are awesome) just like California, Colorado, New York, etc... and lately, Connecticut. Not to mention the Red Flag laws that are taking hold, one state after the other. What will happen in Louisiana? We do have a Democrat Governor in office, after all. And yes, I know he’s an Edwards and it takes more than just a governor but he’s a Democrat. For anyone who thinks he won’t do the Democrat dance and hang us out to dry, WTFU, good morning sunshine, there go your rights out the window.
    Stand up, speak out, educate, vote. If we don’t turn the tides here in our state, what is to keep our current government from passing infringements here? Remember just a few short years ago (like 6?) when millions of people suddenly ran out looking for an AR15? These were middle of the road, fence walking people who had never bothered to have an opinion before the threat of losing rights. There are still plenty of those voters who need to wake up and vote right. We all need to snatch their asses out of the road and give them a chance to care, before it’s too late.

https://gatdaily.com/missouris-hb-1...OC9M2BNJHG&trk_sid=G402L2VFOD45E42CVQ47HF8IIK

Last edited:

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    (sarcasm font) Yes. It is absolutely HORRIBLE the Missouri is requiring able bodied adults to own an AR, and be a part of their state Militia.(End sarcasm font)

I really doubt that Louisiana is in danger of following suit under the leadership* of Gov Edwards.

* or lack there of.

ozarkpugs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2018
    US Zanoni mo
    For now Mo. Is blessed with pro second Congress . No one expects this to go very far but it does send a message . Of course AR15 is the required platform because an AR15 style is manufactured in Mo but I don't think AKs are.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    (sarcasm font) Yes. It is absolutely HORRIBLE the Missouri is requiring able bodied adults to own an AR, and be a part of their state Militia.(End sarcasm font)

I really doubt that Louisiana is in danger of following suit under the leadership* of Gov Edwards.

* or lack there of.

Glad somebody actually caught on about the actual proposal. I was gonna wait and see who gathered what from the article. It’s refreshing to see a state legislature step up and go the other way for a change! But in the same moment I have to wonder why Texas is not on the forefront of actions like these. There is a struggle for Texas much like what has already happened in Colorado and it comes from California.
    Being one of the southernmost states both in thought and location, as well as being ‘Sportsman’s Paradise’, we should be more like Missouri.
    Our State governing body should be thinking and acting ahead.
    JB Edwards... don’t think he’ll throw us under the bus? 10-12 years ago I might have agreed with you, but not today. Democrat bad. It’s just that simple. They’ve made it easy for us. Neither party shows true patriotic tendencies in my opinion, none are like our founding fathers, but the Democratic Party is gone and until any other conservative, Constitution motivated party gains a real foothold in our government the republicans are our best hope at maintaining what liberties we still have.

Forgotten

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 30, 2016
    Lafayette, LA
    They can claim 75% of the purchase price as a deduction/tax credit. Just amazing... I would have the finest AR with all the bells and whistles I wish louisiana would do this

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Works for me. Seems to work for the founders too.

[FONT=&amp]A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

[/FONT]I don’t believe this is talking about a standing army. Nor is it referring to part-time soldiers. I’m knocking neither. The closest in our lifetime to a constitutionally sound militia would be the Posse. I’m not even sure such a thing exists in most places any more. [FONT=&amp]

I want to be clear it is not a bunch of goobers under the direction of another goober playing commando in the woods.

Its a group of volunteers working under the direction of an elected official (Sheriff) to provide security to their area (in most cases their county).

Some people hear this and assume LEO’s are our militia, but they are wrong for two reasons:

1. If LEO’s (who work for the state) are the militia what is the point in the people keeping and bearing arms.

2. The key word is voluntary. Once someone begins to collect a check their allegiance lies with the check I don’t care how honorable you are that’s human nature. Again this is not a knock. As it relates to work stuff my allegiance lies with my employer.

So if the militia is supposed be our security force why do we have LEO’s? Simply put apathy created a need, and the need is so strong now we cannot have a civilized society without them. [/FONT]

Last edited:

mperr7530

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 22, 2013
    Gonzales, LA
    I don't advocate government mandates in any way, shape or form--that being said, I do appreciate advocacy legislation that supports the 2nd Amend. One change that needs to be made is that the deduction should be 100% (one per lifetime) that can be amortized over the period of 5 years.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    I don't advocate government mandates in any way, shape or form--that being said, I do appreciate advocacy legislation that supports the 2nd Amend. One change that needs to be made is that the deduction should be 100% (one per lifetime) that can be amortized over the period of 5 years.

You pay taxes don’t you?

Even in a representative republic you have to mandate things.

I signed my draft card and I’m sure you did as well. That is also a mandate.

This is the apathy that got us 2 officers per 1,000 citizens (don’t know actual numbers but is single digits per 1,000). That’s not enough good guys if you ask me. We are sheep who bleat and complain rarely doing anything to help provide for our security as a group.

Last edited:

ozarkpugs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2018
    US Zanoni mo
    Works for me. Seems to work for the founders too.

[FONT=&amp]A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

[/FONT]I don’t believe this is talking about a standing army. Nor is it referring to part-time soldiers. I’m knocking neither. The closest in our lifetime to a constitutionally sound militia would be the Posse. I’m not even sure such a thing exists in most places any more. [FONT=&amp]

I want to be clear it is not a bunch of goobers under the direction of another goober playing commando in the woods.

Its a group of volunteers working under the direction of an elected official (Sheriff) to provide security to their area (in most cases their county).

Some people hear this and assume LEO’s are our militia, but they are wrong for two reasons:

1. If LEO’s (who work for the state) are the militia what is the point in the people keeping and bearing arms.

2. The key word is voluntary. Once someone begins to collect a check their allegiance lies with the check I don’t care how honorable you are that’s human nature. Again this is not a knock. As it relates to work stuff my allegiance lies with my employer.

So if the militia is supposed be our security force why do we have LEO’s? Simply put apathy created a need, and the need is so strong now we cannot have a civilized society without them. [/FONT]
    I agree completely . Hollyweird and the media focus on the "want to bes " and " fantasy operators " but there are a whole lot of every day people who are willing and able to come together and train together and work with the Leo / Sheriff .

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    I agree completely . Hollyweird and the media focus on the "want to bes " and " fantasy operators " but there are a whole lot of every day people who are willing and able to come together and train together and work with the Leo / Sheriff .

Males age 15-54 make up 26% of our population (wiki numbers with my math) imagine. If 1/10th of those men and 1/100 of women in the same age brackets (similar Per Capita rates) chose to serve as a quick reactionary force of citizens under the direction of local elected officials in times of need (man hunts, civil unrest, natural disasters). That would nearly be 3 militia members per 100 citizens, I like those odds a lot better.

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Why not cut entitlements and use the money to arm law abiding patriots. If healthcare is *right* and paid for by the taxpayers then the true Right to Bear Arms should be also.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    The tax credits are capped at $1 million. If everyone who claimed this tax credit had bought a $500 rifle, there would be enough credit for only 2667 rifles. If 1 million rifles are sold and claimed, the tax credit would be $1 per person. There are no provisions in the proposal for penalties for non-compliance, something I think is good. In order to ensure compliance, some sort of registry is needed. I'm against a any reason to register guns. The author of the rifle proposal also has a similar handgun proposal, mandating any eligible person own a handgun with a .22 caliber or larger, but again with no provisions for a penalty.

Kennesaw, Georgia, mandated handgun ownership back in 1982. But their law made an exception for "those heads of households who suffer a physical or mental disability which would prohibit them from using such a firearm. Further exempt from the effect of this section are those heads of households who are paupers or who conscientiously oppose maintaining firearms as a result of beliefs or religious doctrine, or persons convicted of a felony." They never intended for the law to be enforced. It was simply a pro-2A statement. I believe the Missouri proposal is something similar.

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Crazy that laws have to be drawn up to do what the Constitution already has done for us. We have the Right to do so and also the choice not to for the sheeple or the ones that are prohibited anyway. Next thing some lawmaker might even draw up a law that makes it ok to speak the truth.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    The tax credits are capped at $1 million. If everyone who claimed this tax credit had bought a $500 rifle, there would be enough credit for only 2667 rifles. If 1 million rifles are sold and claimed, the tax credit would be $1 per person. There are no provisions in the proposal for penalties for non-compliance, something I think is good. In order to ensure compliance, some sort of registry is needed. I'm against a any reason to register guns. The author of the rifle proposal also has a similar handgun proposal, mandating any eligible person own a handgun with a .22 caliber or larger, but again with no provisions for a penalty.

Kennesaw, Georgia, mandated handgun ownership back in 1982. But their law made an exception for "those heads of households who suffer a physical or mental disability which would prohibit them from using such a firearm. Further exempt from the effect of this section are those heads of households who are paupers or who conscientiously oppose maintaining firearms as a result of beliefs or religious doctrine, or persons convicted of a felony." They never intended for the law to be enforced. It was simply a pro-2A statement. I believe the Missouri proposal is something similar.

Mention the part about how fast the crime rate dropped in Kennesaw!

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Mention the part about how fast the crime rate dropped in Kennesaw!

No, because it didn't. Or it did. There's no real accurate way to measure. There was no record of how many new gun owners there were because of the law. The murder rate was 0 the year before the law so there was no reduction there. The armed robbery rate went from 1 two years before the law to 4 the year before the law. Even if they went to 0 after the law, the differences are so small that no accurate measurement of the law's effectiveness could be made. Burglaries dropped from 55 to 26. But a drop was seen in burglaries across the state with most of the areas experiencing a drop not having a mandatory ownership law.

What it didn't do was result in an increase in gun related crimes.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    No, because it didn't. Or it did. There's no real accurate way to measure. There was no record of how many new gun owners there were because of the law. The murder rate was 0 the year before the law so there was no reduction there. The armed robbery rate went from 1 two years before the law to 4 the year before the law. Even if they went to 0 after the law, the differences are so small that no accurate measurement of the law's effectiveness could be made. Burglaries dropped from 55 to 26. But a drop was seen in burglaries across the state with most of the areas experiencing a drop not having a mandatory ownership law.

What it didn't do was result in an increase in gun related crimes.

Kennesaw made a big deal about the drop in burglaries at the time!

Top Bottom