His true color showing

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Another disappointing Bush appointee. There is talk about his attempt to steer the Court to the *center*. If that is the case he should resign. Their job is A-political, but why should we be shocked.

GunAddict

constitutionalist
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    North Monroe, La. area
    If i'm not mistaken, isn't he the one that also stuck us with obammy care. I've heard some say they would like to see term or at least age limits on the SCOTUS. With actions like this I might would consider it being done.
    And what's the latest on RGB, no mention of her lately.

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    That should tell us everything we need to know about what will soon happen. This is just a warm up. Officials will follow orders. It’s already happening and they are lined up to follow them. Don’t be foolish enough to say * that would never happen here*.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Are bump stocks constitutionally protected? What reason would he have for overturning it? I’m not a bump stock hater, I have family and friends that have them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

GunAddict

constitutionalist
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    North Monroe, La. area
    I don't have a bumpstock, nor want one. But any item that goes on a firearm should be protected. What's to stop them from banning any other accessory that we use, like a scope, sling, bipod, silencer, or flash suppressor. They can make up any excuse to ban them. None are constitutionally protected, but as they say it is a slippery slope.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I don't have a bumpstock, nor want one. But any item that goes on a firearm should be protected. What's to stop them from banning any other accessory that we use, like a scope, sling, bipod, silencer, or flash suppressor. They can make up any excuse to ban them. None are constitutionally protected, but as they say it is a slippery slope.

So just because it’s an accessory it should be protected? Guess I’m not understanding

Sig220

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2014
    Bridge City,TX
    What bothers me and should bother others is the ATF ruling basically makes a "stock" a "machine gun" subject to ATF regulations. What will limit this course of action?? What if they declare all semi automatic rifles to be "machine guns" because you can "bump" fire them using your finger and the pocket to your blue jeans? My last objection to this is the stock being ruled a "registered" item by ATF, with ATF by a administrative rule not by legislation which is where laws should come from.

BTW, I don't own/possess or desire a bumpstock....its the point of the matter.......that matters.

GunAddict

constitutionalist
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    North Monroe, La. area
    Man made speeding a law. Murder and robbery were already law since it was put on stone a very long time ago. Look at New Zealand, there is an effort to turn us into the same sheep. They are stepping up their efforts, and if the 2020 election goes south, well things may get very bad real quick.

Last edited:

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    That will be the end result

I would agree that's where it could be headed. But for now an item that does not violate the law has been banned. That's why it should be overturned. At the very minimum, a court should rule on its constitutionality before legally purchased property is seized.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Man made speeding a law. Murder and robbery were already law since it was put on stone a very long time ago. Look at New Zealand, there is an effort to turn us into the same sheep. They are stepping up their efforts, and if the 2020 election goes south, well things may get very bad real quick.

I don’t disagree with gun laws coming if dems take over the White House. I think that’s quite likely. That’s why I buy all the 30rnd mags I can afford now so I can sell them for ridiculously high prices later.

Top Bottom