His true color showing

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    I was referring to ones already manufactured.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

But installing an item that changes its classification makes you the manufacturer according to the BATFE and you and I can’t manufacture machine guns legally because we would be in violation of the 1968 GCA.

Thats our whole point if you own a bump stock you are left with three options. Surrender it, distroy it, or be an outlaw. This is not a drill private property rights are at risk here. What next binary triggers? Oh who cares about those... Oh now they want two stage triggers. That starts to hit a lot of people where they live. Ok next they want reflex and red dots, then extended forends and pistol grips, and next linier compensators, breaks, and flash suppressors. All of those items accomplish the same task as the bump stock. They increase rate of fire one way or another.

Last edited:

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    That should tell us everything we need to know about what will soon happen. This is just a warm up. Officials will follow orders. It’s already happening and they are lined up to follow them. Don’t be foolish enough to say * that would never happen here*.

Don't be a chicken little. The sky isn't falling. The bumpstock thing is just pure response to the Vegas Shooting. While wrong, the sky isn't going to fall.

And yeah, Trump isn't really a pro-2A guy. Never was. Based on his history, I don't know why people are surprised at this. He's not going to go full Dianne Feinstein because he still needs his base of supporters who are in general Pro-2A.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Don't be a chicken little. The sky isn't falling. The bumpstock thing is just pure response to the Vegas Shooting. While wrong, the sky isn't going to fall.

And yeah, Trump isn't really a pro-2A guy. Never was. Based on his history, I don't know why people are surprised at this. He's not going to go full Dianne Feinstein because he still needs his base of supporters who are in general Pro-2A.

You are right the sky isn’t falling but a major support to the roof has been cut in two and no one is rushing in to rebrace it. Pretty soon another jackass will come along a take out another column and before you know it the roof will get real familiar with the floor and trap you and I between them.

But this is how free people submit to tyranny. They make reasonable compromise again and again until they realize it’s too late to stop it.

Last edited:

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    You are right the sky isn’t falling but a major support to the roof has been cut in two and no one is rushing in to rebrace it. Pretty soon another jackass will come along a take out another column and before you know it the roof will get free familiar with the floor and trap you and I between them.

I do believe the pendulum is starting to swing the other way. The NRA is too busy making scare videos to generate funds from Pro-2A folks at the expense of pushing away the middle of the road non-gun owners or low number of gun owners who are wanting solutions enacted to prevent shootings like the Vegas one. Nothing is happening that actually helps. Instead of recruiting those middle of the road people to help, the NRA will push the other way.... then we will see real restrictions.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    I do believe the pendulum is starting to swing the other way. The NRA is too busy making scare videos to generate funds from Pro-2A folks at the expense of pushing away the middle of the road non-gun owners or low number of gun owners who are wanting solutions enacted to prevent shootings like the Vegas one. Nothing is happening that actually helps. Instead of recruiting those middle of the road people to help, the NRA will push the other way.... then we will see real restrictions.

There is only one direction to push. The battle for Hamberger hill should be lesson enough to anyone from any walk of life to never give up hard fought ground, because you will die trying to retake it later.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    There is only one direction to push. The battle for Hamberger hill should be lesson enough to anyone from any walk of life to never give up hard fought ground, because you will die trying to retake it later.

That was a battle. The fact we pushed away all the regular joes in Vietnam spelled our defeat.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    So no tax stamp?

As I understand it all, no. No more machine guns can be manufactured or imported so any tax stamp would be for the ones grandfathered in. Since there is no grandfather clause for bump stocks...

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    That was a battle. The fact we pushed away all the regular joes in Vietnam spelled our defeat.

It is a battle for the soul of our nation and we keep giving up ground,and I’m speaking directly about the tactical blunder not the political effects. I may have the wrong battle because I’m relying on my memory but we took the hilll and gave it up repeatedly and it was one of the highest casualty counts in the entire war.

Honestly I could have named off dozens for Iraqi and Afghan towns, villages, valleys, ect. because we never learn from history.

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I don't have a bumpstock, nor want one. But any item that goes on a firearm should be protected. What's to stop them from banning any other accessory that we use, like a scope, sling, bipod, silencer, or flash suppressor. They can make up any excuse to ban them. None are constitutionally protected, but as they say it is a slippery slope.
    Yeah, they did that in the 90’s with the first assault weapons ban. If a rifle or shotgun had any 2 of the listed parts it was a no-no. A folding stock and flash hider made it off limits, or something to that effect. We got past that one when the time ran out and it was not resumed. Same with magazines over 10 rounds. That law made the price of mags skyrocket. You could buy what was already produced but there could be no more over 10 rounds produced without the old ‘LAW ENFORCEMENT USE ONLY’ badge. I guess there are many of you that weren’t around or aware during the Bill Clinton/Janet Reno days, but let me tell you, **** got real. Those were the days that the NRA truly went to bat for us. Gosh damn I made a lot of money back then...

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    It should be protected because it does not violate any laws.

THIS THIS THIS!!!
    I’m just like many others here in my opinion of a bumpstock. I could give 3$hits about them. I’m also not a Catholic. But gosh damn if the Constitution don’t guarantee a Catholic can be a Catholic all day long 24/7. And if one of the alphabet agencies decided being Catholic was suddenly a felony I’m damned if I’d turn my back and be silent, for I know they’d eventually outlaw my religion as well. Anyone who doesn’t care about losing one liberty deserves to lose them one at a time until they beg for any freedom. This is how they’ll get us. Nickel and dime us to disarmed, because they know we can be divided. Like when a dyed in the wool hunter asks that dumbass question, ‘why do you NEED an AR15?’ Why meh meh meh meh...why don’t I just jack your jaw and wake you up to the fact that if they had their way, all you’d get to shoot is rocks from a damn sling shot, only it would be at a fake deer target cuz they want to regulate everything.
    Not a reloader? Well hell, just let them outlaw powder and primers or make you buy a $200 license or something, I don’t care. Yeah, that one’s been on the books too.
    Don’t get me wrong guys, I’m glad the years have increased the numbers of gun owners...I just wish that more of them had some sense.

buttanic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    LaPlace, LA
    Are bump stocks constitutionally protected? What reason would he have for overturning it? I’m not a bump stock hater, I have family and friends that have them.

My understanding is the suit is about the way it was banned. The BATF basically changed the definition of what a machine gun is. Congress passed into law the definition of how a machine gun works in the 1934 NFA and congress has to change it, not the BATF.

The stay only would have stopped the ban from applying to the person who filed the suit. The challenge to how the ban was instituted is on going.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Are bump stocks constitutionally protected? What reason would he have for overturning it? I’m not a bump stock hater, I have family and friends that have them.

I've been trying to think up a good analogy and I think I have one you may be able to relate to. As you may have noticed, there are a lot of fake temporary license plates in Baton Rouge. (If you haven't noticed, hit me up on PM and I'll give you a couple of pointers on what to look for :D) In order to combat the growing problem, the chief of police decides to include a requirement a valid license plate must be made of plastic or metal over a certain thickness and lack of a valid license plate will result in the driver being arrested. He issues a memo to all his officers to begin executing his new policy. Would arresting someone driving a car with a temp tag meeting the requirements set forth in the law but not meeting the requirements of the policy be a violation of their rights?

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    My understanding is the suit is about the way it was banned. The BATF basically changed the definition of what a machine gun is. Congress passed into law the definition of how a machine gun works in the 1934 NFA and congress has to change it, not the BATF.

The stay only would have stopped the ban from applying to the person who filed the suit. The challenge to how the ban was instituted is on going.
    More so than the way it was banned (which was by Executive Order?) is that there was no offering of compensation for property. Give up your property at your expense or you’re a felon. Does this not go against another Constitutional amendment?
    Bumpstocks will likely go down in American history, known as the olive branch/consolation/sacrifice offered to the left in good faith, in hopes they’ll take the win and stfu....only problem is they’ll take it and still demand total disarmament, but we let them get their foot in the door.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    More so than the way it was banned (which was by Executive Order?) is that there was no offering of compensation for property. Give up your property at your expense or you’re a felon. Does this not go against another Constitutional amendment?
    Bumpstocks will likely go down in American history, known as the olive branch/consolation/sacrifice offered to the left in good faith, in hopes they’ll take the win and stfu....only problem is they’ll take it and still demand total disarmament, but we let them get their foot in the door.

I'm thinking Trump did that to get his wall money approved
    The Democommies then gave him the middle finger.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gautreaux
    Top Bottom