Louisiana red flag bill

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Me and the guy who runs my service department were talking on this topic and even the rural town water departments have sonar these days. My thoughts are we better be prepared to fool the humans not the machines. You can burry them or hide them in slicks, but I suggest you be prepared to give *the dogs* a red heron to track. That way they find something. The problem is how do you know when/if they are coming for yours?

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    This anti-gun Bill, like others you can expect damn near EVERY session, are by design, meant to wear law abiding people's resistance down. Think about this; Louisiana is a solid "pro-gun" state! Always has been. Remember, Yes on 2 got nearly 70% approval by voters, and was opposed by many DA's, Sheriffs Assn's, etc. Usually that is enough to derail Bills concerning firearms. But the state overwhelmingly told the world; "do not mess with our individual gun Rights in Louisiana?" So why do these ideologues in the democrat party continue to throw this crap against the wall? It wastes a lot of time up there at the Capitol. Time that could be way better spent addressing how Louisiana is at the bottom of every quality of life poll, and at the top of every this place is garbage poll.

Because, like the slow drip of a sewer line, enough **** eventually seeps out in the long run to have to attend to it. These democrats who will tell you they are trying to save the world and cut down on violence, are bald face liars and self righteous soothsayers of BS. They all get their marching orders from the collective. Some would say the DNC, but they are way too stupid in their leadership to be the defective brains behind these measures. There are puppet masters beyond that. Follow the money for any democrat's campaign or any DNC fundraiser and you'll start to see who the men behind the curtains are. Then read about them. What their agenda's are. What they actually believe and want to see happen in America. That is where these bit players in our state Legislature are getting the nerve (and the money), to push this garbage.

What it means for us as gun proponents? We'll have to yet again mount opposition to this. It will cost us personal time and effort. We'll miss work. We'll spend time and money going to the Capitol to "voice" our opposition. Eventually that gets old. Exactly what these democrats hope.

Never gets old for them, though. They have to be there anyway.

Last edited:

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Always assume they are coming for yours. Always.

Eventually yes. The end game is to get everyone’s. My point is having a plan to stash your guns in a way that you can have quick access but isn’t very susceptible to being discovered, is the million dollar question, because (stating the obvious) guns and ammo caches are bulky and heavy. And since low cost sonar equipment and metal detectors are available, if you think they are walking away from a visit to your or my house empty handed without searching the yard/surrounding woods your crazy. Remember you’re the scary dangerous person with guns if they missed something and you really were a wacko imagine the fallout.

Last edited:

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    This thread is awesome. Bayoushooter never disappoints. You think they will let me keep yalls guns when they determine y’all are loons?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    That’s the problem with writing and not speaking to someone. Didn’t mean to get personal. It was general statements. You are correct. But I hope you realize they will have shovels metal detectors and sonar to search The waterways for weapons lost in horrific boating accidents.
    Oh man, more assumptions.

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    I have apologized to you, been passive as u suggested and all but kissed your butt and said you are the utmost high authority on the subject. Now you are just being a bully and I’m scared of you. Maybe I should fill out a form and send the man to your house and ask questions. For goodness sakes man I’m on your side and you obviously don’t have a sense of humor. You are the aggressive one here. I’m giving a olive branch. I’m a freedom loving guy too. Please let’s not fight each other. I guarantee if we were to hang out we would get along and agree on lots of things. Tell me what I have to do to get in your good graces? I really don’t know why you are attacking me??

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I have apologized to you, been passive as u suggested and all but kissed your butt and said you are the utmost high authority on the subject. Now you are just being a bully and I’m scared of you. Maybe I should fill out a form and send the man to your house and ask questions. For goodness sakes man I’m on your side and you obviously don’t have a sense of humor. You are the aggressive one here. I’m giving a olive branch. I’m a freedom loving guy too. Please let’s not fight each other. I guarantee if we were to hang out we would get along and agree on lots of things. Tell me what I have to do to get in your good graces? I really don’t know why you are attacking me??
    SMDH

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here

Sounds like your having a nervous breakdown and it’s safe to assume you have firearms. A visit from “The Man” is all but guaranteed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    The only thing that has really been makin me nervous is my wife loves Key-Lime Pie and her birthday is coming up soon and I would really like to have a good authentic recipe. Anyone have one? Otherwise I’m fine.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    The secret to good key lime pie is to add 25% more lime juice than the recipe calls for and to only use real lime juice that you squeezed yourself.

What happens if a LEO is the person being accused? I know a few LEO's whose ex wife tried to accuse them of being mentally unstable...

I'd like to see a penalty added to a person that accuses someone falsely. Something more than just falsifying a police report.... something that would make them think twice before filing a false report. Something with mandatory jail time?

What if your firearms aren't home? If you keep them in a storage unit? Or a family member's home? Do they only take the ones in the home? What if the guns in the home don't belong to you? You're gun sitting for someone?

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Lot of good points and questions Camper.
    The goal is to not have them confiscated. Getting them back intact will surely prove costly and time consuming...and possibly fruitless.
    Regardless, these times will likely show folks why you don’t want to register any firearms. They should never know what you have.

Top Bottom