Louisiana red flag bill

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nathan Hale

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2014
    Louisiana
    Lot of good points and questions Camper.
    The goal is to not have them confiscated. Getting them back intact will surely prove costly and time consuming...and possibly fruitless.
    Regardless, these times will likely show folks why you don’t want to register any firearms. They should never know what you have.

+1

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    This thread exemplifies just what not to do about these laws.

The optimum way to avoid these laws is to have politicians stop scooping them from the **** heap and throwing them against the wall to see if they stick. But for these ideologues, particularly democrats, to be persuaded to stop these time wasting and costly anti-gun gambits each and every session, they (republicans too), need to reminded how much of a ******** this state is. Perhaps if enough of the citizenry here would take heed to these lists, and start asking themselves; "Why are my legislators wasting everyone's time with this anti-gun crap when my child can't ______?" They can fill in the blank with any number of actual problems we have here.

Maybe some like: Can't read; can't get a decent job; get decent health care; can't afford a car; breathe.

Here is a sampling of the accomplishments our lawmakers can really be proud of here in Louisiana. If any of you can find more, I will put a pamphlet together to get to all Legislators.

Top of the **** List

#1 Least Healthy State
    #1 Worst economy in the country
    #1 Highest AIDS rate among blacks
    Top 5 obesity
    Top 5 most dangerous states for crime
    #2 Highest percentage of people in poverty
    #2 Highest Insurance Rates
    #2 Percent of Births by unmarried mothers
    #2 Low Birth Weights
    #2 Pre-term Birth Rates
    #4 Highest Cancer Rates
    #5 Highest Heart Disease Rates

Bottom of the Good List

#51 Health Care
    #51 Best States Ranking
    #48 Best state’s to have a baby
    #50 GDP Growth
    #48 Inventor Patents
    #47 Percentage of High-Tech Jobs

Sadly, this is just the tip of it. Over the last year this state has been at the top of just about every **** list in the country and at the bottom of every quality of life list.

The next time any of you hear of some dumbass putting forth a Bill in the Legislature that doesn't focus on fixing any of these real issues on the list, you may appreciate just how stupid it all is.

And by the way, we are at the bottom of just about any list when it comes to education.

Last edited:

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    This thread exemplifies just what not to do about these laws.

The optimum way to avoid these laws is to have politicians stop scooping them from the **** heap and throwing them against the wall to see if they stick. But for these ideologues, particularly democrats, to be persuaded to stop these time wasting and costly anti-gun gambits each and every session, they (republicans too), need to reminded how much of a ******** this state is. Perhaps if enough of the citizenry here would take heed to these lists, and start asking themselves; "Why are my legislators wasting everyone's time with this anti-gun crap when my child can't ______?" They can fill in the blank with any number of actual problems we have here.

Maybe some like: Can't read; can't get a decent job; get decent health care; can't afford a car; breathe.

Here is a sampling of the accomplishments our lawmakers can really be proud of here in Louisiana. If any of you can find more, I will put a pamphlet together to get to all Legislators.

Top of the **** List

#1 Least Healthy State
    #1 Worst economy in the country
    #1 Highest AIDS rate among blacks
    Top 5 obesity
    Top 5 most dangerous states for crime
    #2 Highest percentage of people in poverty
    #2 Highest Insurance Rates
    #2 Percent of Births by unmarried mothers
    #2 Low Birth Weights
    #2 Pre-term Birth Rates
    #4 Highest Cancer Rates
    #5 Highest Heart Disease Rates

Bottom of the Good List

#51 Health Care
    #51 Best States Ranking
    #48 Best state’s to have a baby
    #50 GDP Growth
    #48 Inventor Patents
    #47 Percentage of High-Tech Jobs

Sadly, this is just the tip of it. Over the last year this state has been at the top of just about every **** list in the country and at the bottom of every quality of life list.

The next time any of you hear of some dumbass putting forth a Bill in the Legislature that doesn't focus on fixing any of these real issues on the list, you may appreciate just how stupid it all is.

And by the way, we are at the bottom of just about any list when it comes to education.

Ok ok ok wait a second what year is it? I’m afraid I just had a demolition man moment. How many states are in the union? I ask because LA ranked 51st in two of those polls. :dunno:

Additionally while I get you sentiment, polls tend to put Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama in an undeservedly bad light. Prime example: I’m from MS and my mom taught 1st and 3rd grade collectively for 25 years. The transfer students who preformed the lowest usually came from the west and east coasts. The places who *set the standards*.

Do our states have some problems? Absolutely! Most of it can be laid firmly at the feet of democrats, post civil war reconstruction, and gerrymandering.

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Ok ok ok wait a second what year is it? I’m afraid I just had a demolition man moment. How many states are in the union? I ask because LA ranked 51st in two of those polls. :dunno:

They added Puerto Rico to that particular sampling! Even more disparaging.

Additionally while I get you sentiment, polls tend to put Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama in an undeservedly bad light. Prime example: I’m from MS and my mom taught 1st and 3rd grade collectively for 25 years. The transfer students who preformed the lowest usually came from the west and east coasts. The places who *set the standards*.

Doesn't matter which kids individually suck! This state is at the bottom of overall test scores for almost all education indicators. That fact looms largest!

Do our states have some problems? Absolutely! Most of it can be laid firmly at the feet of democrats, post civil war reconstruction, and gerrymandering.

Which is precisely toward my point. When democrats in Louisiana put forth anti-gun legislation, they should be resoundingly reminded to stay focused on attempting to fix the crap they already helped destroy!

Last edited:

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    These lawmakers believe gun control will solve every problem on that list. Maybe not everyone but close enough.

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Let's watch this red flag bill closely. It has been sent to the Criminal Justice committee. They aren't scheduled to meet (yet), but when they do we should plan to be there to speak up and voice our objection.

There's a chance that the Bloomberg-funded nanny mommies will be there, so it will be especially important for well-dressed and mature gun owners to be the adults in the room.

Mike

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Let's watch this red flag bill closely. It has been sent to the Criminal Justice committee. They aren't scheduled to meet (yet), but when they do we should plan to be there to speak up and voice our objection.

There's a chance that the Bloomberg-funded nanny mommies will be there, so it will be especially important for well-dressed and mature gun owners to be the adults in the room.

Mike

While that may be part of the strategy, I believe the adults should be those Legilslators in that Committee realizing this is a "Fiscal" session, and tossing anti-gun Bills where they belong; in the trash!

Bombarding them with emails explaining the far larger social and fiscal problems that exist in this state (a la my "PARTIAL" list), other than firearms issues, seems a prudent method to wake them up.

Remember, it is a low level dog and pony show up there. Enough light shed on them wasting tax payer time and money on non-issues like anti-gun Bills in a "fiscal" session is what the doctor ordered.

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    While that may be part of the strategy, I believe the adults should be those Legilslators in that Committee realizing this is a "Fiscal" session, and tossing anti-gun Bills where they belong; in the trash!

Bombarding them with emails explaining the far larger social and fiscal problems that exist in this state (a la my "PARTIAL" list), other than firearms issues, seems a prudent method to wake them up.

Remember, it is a low level dog and pony show up there. Enough light shed on them wasting tax payer time and money on non-issues like anti-gun Bills in a "fiscal" session is what the doctor ordered.

Aah, thanks. I'm still new to Louisiana politics ... didn't realize that this was a short fiscal session.

All the same, I don't mind making some people wince uncomfortably.

Mike

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Add another turd to the bowl;
    Louisiana last in Being Green according to WAFB

04b55184-cf60-4cbb-9c82-522a9fdb5e53

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Just in case you thought we were tightening it up here!

WASHINGTON — Louisiana is now three for three in being recognized as the worst state based on health care, education, infrastructure, crime and other quality-of-life measures, according to a national analysis released this week.

U.S. News & World Report, known for consumer-focused rankings on education, health care and other factors, released its third annual "Best States" list Tuesday. The feature was launched in 2017 to provide insight into how states stack up in specific areas of interest.

In addition to coming in 50th overall each time the report has been released, Louisiana this year also ranked 50th compared to all others in individual analyses on crime, opportunity and the environment.

Other categories scored included:
    the state's economy (49th),
    education (48th),
    fiscal stability (43rd),
    health care (45th)
    and infrastructure (48th).

Well, at least it's Laine Hardy Day!

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    While I had a few minutes:

This one's for the ladies!

49th rank - for Women in poverty
    47th rank - Female homocide rate
    48th rank - Women's Health & Safety
    50th rank - Women's Economic & Social Well being

Source: Wallet Hub 2019

So if I were a politician, I would wake up each day and wonder what I could do to improve the lives of the poor saps in this state that elected me to do just that, or I would just resign.

What they shouldn't be waking up and thinking in this crap hole is; "Hey, let me push anti-gun ******** today!"

EVER!

Last edited:

Ninja Defender

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2019
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Louisiana has been at the bottom of every good list and the top of every bad list for generations now. The don't call us "50" for nothing.

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    You can help fight this bill by being at the capital Tuesday morning. The Firearm Professionals of Louisiana and The Home Defense Foundation of New Orleans will be there in force to tackle these very issues. If you care and are able meet us at the capital & fill out the cards showing opposition to this bill. We showed up the first time and the bill was pulled voluntarily making it possible to bring it back up to the committee.
    We will be there Tuesday morning and should be easy to spot as FPofLa will be in purple shirts and HDF will have red shirts. I’m sure Louisiana Shooting Assoc. and the NRA will be there as well.

Bryan Guillory
    Firearm Professionals of Louisiana

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Per capita debt (money that each resident owes to pay down state's debt), in Louisiana well above national average. (Source B.R. Advocate)

$1,497.00 per every citizen of Louisiana!

And that includes those people who live here, who won't, don't, or can't pay ANYTHING!

Also, Louisiana's credit rating ranks as one of the worst among all states!

And for dessert: #1 worst state for robo-calls!

Top Bottom